How To Enlarge Photos On The Forum

Steve Herschbach

Many people unfamiliar with this forum software may not know that most photos are reduced in size to fit the forum layout. Clicking on most photos on the forum will enlarge them. Click once, they will be shown larger in a display box. You can rotate through multiple photos in one post while in the display box. Also, while in the display box, look in lower left, and clicking there give you the full size photo in a new screen. Depending on the device you are using you may be able to zoom in on that version of the photo.

Almost all the photos I post on the forum can be enlarged, some quite dramatically. Try this one...

IMG_0240.JPG

• Like 6

Believe it or not it has always been that way on this forum but I suddenly realized most people may not know it because there is nothing to indicate it is the case. A few posts now and then I will mention "Click photo for larger image" but the software itself gives no hints.

Now you can go back to all those old posts and click to see the "big picture"!

The Photo Gallery is the same way; the images shown are usually much smaller than what can be optionally displayed. Most of my photos these days I aim for 1600 x 1200 pixel dimensions as that scales nicely yet is not ridiculously massive.

Anybody who needs a very simple photo resizer should check out Simple Resize:

Simple Resize for Apple

Simple Resize for Android

My favorite PC based app is IrfanView Portable which is so fast and compact it can run from a memory stick. More than a resize app, I do all the photo editing for my website on IrfanView and MS Paint.

• The topic was pinned

Thanks for those tips Steve , Iv'e never downloaded a picture on a forum , that's why we have children to sort out the TV Remote etc .

One question , I couldn't pick up where Irfan View Portable is compatible with Apple "MacBook Air ".

Cheers

goldrat

• The topic was unpinned