14" Surprise Depth

Squizz

Squizz you've just had a Zed experience so better get used to the deep holes and sharpen your pick.  Also there is heaps of deep rubbish left missed by other detectors.

Have a mate who has had great success with his 5000 and the other day said l'm getting a Zed l just can't compete with your zeds l can't even hear your targets using his 5000 and 14 elite coil. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, G.B. said:

Squizz you've just had a Zed experience so better get used to the deep holes and sharpen your pick.  Also there is heaps of deep rubbish left missed by other detectors.

Have a mate who has had great success with his 5000 and the other day said l'm getting a Zed l just can't compete with your zeds l can't even hear your targets using his 5000 and 14 elite coil. 

GB, 

yes have found that out already, a mate in winter I was dectecting with on a patch had 5000 and couldn't believe the depths I was getting! 

Best of luck

Squizz

• Like 1

Welcome to the wonderfully world of the zed. I love the depth and hate to dig. I'm always surprised at the tiny ones I find with mine. The smallest one in this pic is 2 grain. I dug it in wet soil at a depth of 12.5 inches about 317 mm. I couldn't find it for a time but when I did I just wanted to rest. 

IMG_20170223_171857949.jpg

• Like 5

The GPZ reminds me of my Gold Bug 2 a lot. I get this great signal and am thinking what a nice nugget it will be, then up comes something 1/4 the size of what I was imagining. They both have a way of banging on gold much smaller than the sound would imply, and it is hard to get used to.

• Like 7

All Awesome Personal Reports! And Nice Gold Pieces! :biggrin: Great Going Mate's! I'm Zedenvious...:rolleyes: Cheers from Central Idaho tonite its -8c the Spring thaw reversed and 12" of fresh snow last3days! Squizz-Have a cold one for me! Ig

• Like 1

Just recently got a slight variation in the threshold using diff/hy switched to diff/gen loud clear signal switched to diff/deep still loud clear. Start digging down and down called a mate over now two of us digging the hole deepens and have to reach down into hole at arms reach to scoop out the loose dirt. Try the pinpointer to locate target but pinpointer wound groundbalace screaming at everything in the hole it touches so keep digging and scooping out medium size pick is now below the top of the hole, starting to get exited as we are in big nugget country Zed coil is now screaming out so we know where close more scooping out and bloody eureka there it is partially exposed in the bottom of the hole a small bit of rusty metal. Oh well disapointed fill the hole in. Continue detecting and at the same time praying l don't get another deep signal until l recover from the effort of digging the last hole. Geez I wish they would let us use excavators with the Zed for target recovery.

• Like 4