G.B.

"So all l can say is slow down, plan you attack and have patience and work the area properly and don't be too quick to write a spot off or you will leave it behind."

I agree. I ask most newbies how long does it take to Mow the grass in a footy ground well it takes longer to detect and there might be only one nugget but it might be a massive one away from the specks.

• Like 2

Agree

someone once said to me " the best advise i can give you is walk slowly,

if you can not manage that.

Then tie a something like pantihose round your ankles, that will make you slow down " at the time i thought yes!

Go slow, is the key, the pantihose part i never did! :rolleyes:

but i did get the understanding of what he meant.

I have had the same calling GB we would go for a drive, then i would yell " stop!!!

I have a feeling.. gee it paid off plenty of times.. 

there were plenty of other times, mike and i would say give it an hour with both of us on the ground, if we found nothing we would move on, only to find out later on we missed the gold  :sad:  Don't have to miss it by much

Gold there just wasn't meant for us. 

Happy that others had the luck in those places 

• Like 5

Ok ... language alert:

headless chook  ??

footy ground  ??

advise (advice)

We have one member here who takes your lesson a bit 'farther!'  His advice is to hunt near to where you park.  You don't need to go running off.  If it looks good all around the area ... hunt the parking lot!

We have also learned to hunt the road in and out.  :rolleyes:

GB, thanks for your advice.  

• Like 4

Headless Chook. Running around with no ability to see where you are going or what you are missing. eg' total kaos.

Footy ground. Sports Stadium. Sports Arena.  Here is a link to what we call football  played on a Footy Ground. Hope you enjoy. 

• Like 3

Quite true G.B.
After today we are back into the 30`s for the rest of the week so I`m heading out today to a little spot at Moliagul. Some times I get gold there, sometimes I don`t, but if I go there and wave my detector around like a Wippy Snipper I never get anything.    If you are on a spot that you know there is gold there, low and really slow is the go.
Thanks again for your help a couple of months ago.
And for people that live on the eastern side of the Pacific Ocean, don`t even try to pronounce Moliagul. You`ll probably get it wrong  :smile:

cheers Dave 

• Like 4

Very good advice GB.

I know I have been hitting a spot, not that far away from my place. As far as I know the only people that have hit this spot is my self and a few very close friends that I've have taken there. I hadn't  be down to this spot for a long time as I thought  I had done it well and cleaned it all out. But one day I took a couple of friends down there to have ago and told them they may or may not find anything as I have hit this area pretty hard. But low and behold I picked up another nugget (3.5gm) down about 12" on an old mullock heap. And my friends found one each also that same day. They just went back to the spot a few days ago and found another 2 small nuggets. And I thought that I did this whole area really well. It now shows me that I must have being doing something wrong. This spot is not a big area and I have been down there many times before with no luck. But it has now shown me by other people finds that I need to go back down there again and change my tactics. One being going a lot slower as I think that could be part of the problem. I do find gold, but how much have I missed.???? 

wombat :wink:

• Like 1