Australian Gold Picture And Video Thread

mn90403

G'day All,

thanks Mitchel for this great thread.  I thought I would share this pic of my very first gold pour, a nice 1oz ingot.  

image.jpeg

• Like 8

Hi Geof_junk

What  can i say.. about those false teeth...  cool :blush: 

what a find.. i have heard of people finding them while panning in the creeks..

hey GB and Gullyhunter.. nice nuggets, geez it almost looks like you too were going to dig to china :biggrin:

great finds everyone..  

thanks for starting a great thread Mitchel

9 hours ago, Northeast said:

Coota, what machine are you using?  

Hi Northeast, I use one of the re-released GPX4500's coupled to a 14 inch Coiltek Elite for patch hunting, a great combination. If I do happen to find a few bits I give the area a good going over with the Zed. Still leave some behind though, old patches and known areas revisited always give up a little more.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lanny said:

Incredible finds Coota!

Nicely done, and I can only imagine the hard work.

All the best,

Lanny

Hey Lanny, I suppose there was some hard work involved but looking back I've enjoyed every minute of it....Maybe not the staked tyres, flies, midgies and mozzies but those memories fade. Haven't ventured out this year but big things planned for the cooler months.

cheers

• Like 1

Very emotional pictures!  I want to go out and find.  :nugget:

This picture is of some of my brothers gold.. all found with the GPX5000 and the 14" elite coil

he was going to head over to W.A the year he found all this gold. 

Seems his car had other idea's, it kept breaking down on him.

Each time he would fix a problem... the car had another one. He couldn't win. So no W.A trip for him that year

Car did him a huge favour, as he did very well that year in Victoria.

the bigger piece almost weighed in at 20 ounces, (doesn't look it, sure is nice to feel the weight of it ) he dug down through 1 foot of an old timers mullock heap, then still had to dig down another foot into the hard compact dirt,  said he nearly gave up, as the hole was hard digging, he couldn't dig anymore, with bleeding knuckles, buggered from shear digging.. he thought I have to find out what this is.. maybe a coke can or a big lump of rust!  just as well he didn't give up hey? It could have turned out to one of those story's we read about.

("Big gold find, someone started to dig this hole, as the first foot and an half was filled back in! " :sad:  ) 

he had a ball with that coil. Not all the gold came from the same area. IMG_1055.thumb.JPG.eb3fb96091a8bdd106dae5462a6861b2.JPG

• Like 8