Gold Prospecting Is In My Blood

Mike54

G'day Steve & All,

it all started when I was very young, my Dad would take us camping, to a little Town called Heathcote in central Victoria in Australia.        Where I would spend most of my time down at the creek panning, that was how I became hooked to this great hobby.                                  Over the years I built my own rocker cradle and Various sluices.                                                                                                                          Then technology took a big leap into the electronic prospecting side of things and I ended up buying my first metal detector.  It was a little Garret ground hog (international S.3) (which I still have today) it ran on 2x9volt batteries.  With this little detector I found my first multi gram nuggy and many more followed.  As the newer technology came out I/we would update till finally my current GPZ7000.                                        Thanks All for reading my story on how I started out in this great hobby in search of the elusive yellow.   

Cheers to All.     

Mike.   

• Like 8

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum.

I am sure you have few interesting story to tell from that first gold nugget up to today.

Good luck with gold hunting and looking forward for a next season diary.

GoldEN

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Gold Prospecting Is In My Blood

Thanks Steve and Enio,

yes i know what you mean and thanks for the welcomes.    

Cheers.  

Mike. 

G'day JW (bro),

yes I joined the other day, there's some good reading over here and some great people as well.  Thanks for the welcome to bro.    :smile:

Cheers.  

Mike. 

Good on you Mike and welcome. Yes we all have our own very interesting stories to tell, how we started in this great hobby of ours. And each one is unique.

wombat :wink: