Would You Still Be Detecting For Gold If The Price Was Under $300 Per Ounce?

I came up to where I live now when I first  retired because of the gold and the goldfields that surrounds the town to help subsidies my pension. But I have now realised it is not so much the gold but the great friends that I have made over the last few years through gold and gold prospecting. This is now my wealth. So if gold does drop below $300 per oz. the friendships that I have made will more than make up for short fall. That to me is worth more than gold. Gold you can sell but good friends last for ever.

wombat :wink:

• Like 2

I'm not retired yet myself, but I see no reason to stop. I think the good times and the get away from every day is worth so much more. 

13 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Crickey Johnny...1959...that .was the year I was born & you dont look a year older than me.Were you still in nappies? :laugh:.... I know the feeling of slowing down :rolleyes:

Best of luck out there mate.

JW :smile:

Im 81 yrs young and still doing ok.

• Like 3

At 8 years old and thinking my chunk of quartz with gold mica was the Eureka! moment of my life I'll have to say the price never really matters.  In the pan, under the detector or just plain picking it up unknowingly gold will always be a bucket list item that never gets checked off. :)   But its a great help keeping in food an fuel on my walk abouts.  One could say looking for gold is a romantic excuse to just get away for an adventure in my book.

• Like 1