General Question On Researching An Area

To start I do not have access to a computer where I live I only have access when I run down to the valley of Arizona to visit my sisters,family and friends which is maybe once every couple of months, i am pretty much a recluse as far as the way I live I have a dog I talk to 99.9% of the time that keeps me company he never talks back and he's always by my side he would probably give his life for me if I were in danger and I would mine for him he's like a brother that doesn't speak.

But any how my question is this how would I go about researching an area to find out if it could passably have gold or could someone tell me if there has ever been any gold found near Young Arizona again I do not have access to a PC 99% of the time and i do not go to library's and I will be heading back to where I live tomorrow

Thanks for any replies and helpful advice  

u need both...imp.o.:ph34r: I picked up just today  ordered in to my local library Cenzoic geology of Idaho. 780 pages! and read the first chapter Already!.... its like holding a phonebook its that heavy.....

Basically you start w/ learning the 3 types of rocks...

.Then U need to start reading and studying Arizona or.Nevada mines and geology when u can.Cheers, Ig

32 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

i do not go to library's

...say what?

• Like 2

Hi DSMITH,

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest stopping into your nearest prospecting supply or detector dealer and pick up a copy of Placer Gold Deposits of Arizona by Maureen G. Johnson. 

• Like 2

meaning I do not have access to a library where I live

1 minute ago, DSMITH said:

meaning I do not have access to a library where I live

"You're the detector? the detector just tells you where to dig! :cool: Dig?

Going to a bookstore or prospecting shop is probably a much further drive than a library, though I don't know your particular location. But even most small towns have libraries and you can do interlibrary loans and get almost any book you want to your little local library, including USGS publications and maps. Not to mention almost all libraries today have free internet and computer access if you don't have a computer.

For instance, that Maureen Johnson book is in the public domain and accessible for free online. But every prospector and their dogs have read that book, if you want to do real research you need to look at stuff more obscure.

I lived alone with my faithful dog in a little tin can hours away from towns too for the last 5 years, all throughout Arizona so probably near you at some point. It's doable, I made it work and anyone can in the Western US too. Sorry to sound crusty, but it just sounds like asking for people to give out free locations without doing the work.

Otherwise, it's just a pan, shovel, and boots on the ground if books and computers are a no-go.

• Like 1

Just as important as finding where gold is, is seeing if the ground is under claim, private property, or under mineral withdrawal if government controlled.  That is a great deal easier to do with a computer and internet.

• Like 1