Coil Covers And Skid Plates

39 minutes ago, Norvic said:

A CNC machine that I`m currently building,(wet weather project) this with a 3D print head will, I hope, allow me to make custom coil skid plates using poly carbonate filament. Note the 3d printed parts, amazing tech 3d printers combined with public domain software written by enthusiasts, make such machines quite cheap to make, but a lot of hours.

Whitebutler so far I`ve not experienced any falsing but that is a concern, will have to investigate further, and perhaps go with a different filament but poly carbonate is bloody tough.

IMG_0049 (2).JPG

I cant wait to mess with that !!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

I heard that all the Minelab dealers that were carrying the Miner John covers were told to stop carrying them, listing them, advertising them, etc. or be fined or somehow punished by Minelab for selling an after market accessory.  I may be wrong on this, check with some of the big dealers; Doc, Robb, Chris, etc. for confirmation.  You can still buy direct from Miner John.  He has both sizes.

Minelab has not had an issue with a zillion other aftermarket accessories for their detectors. Why make an issue over one guy making a skid plate? Makes no sense. I am not saying it's not true however - strange things happen in metal detector land.

It would help if we were not being charged $50 for a coffee can lid. Where are the Chinese when you need them? ?