Coil Covers And Skid Plates

So I am working seeing if anyone has a good up grade to the zed 14" stock coil cover? I have been through two and not owned it a year. I bought a MJD coil cover and love it. I don't get the bump sounds from the grass  anymore. Lately I've noticed that they aren't available so readily. I want the same quality and in the 19" cover as well. I don't want a tape on or glue on because I like my things easy to clean. Any ideas??

John

• Like 1

John

I have siliconed in my stock cover and then coat it with truck bed liner or something else as often as necessary to cover the white.  I'm sure the material would not last if regularly scrapped.

You should try Norvic's solution posted on another thread.

Mitchel 

Edit:  My bad ... I thought you were wanting a 19" cover.  I use the Miner John and as Steve says they are the best but I also coat them to make them last for my 7000 and 2300.

Yes I tried to find them online and they aren't shown as available. Does miner john designs have a web site I could order one from?  I'd love to buy an other one. 

Thanks for rapid response

John

Actually it is Phoenixs solution, follow his instructions and you have what I believe is the toughest coil cover plus an added benefit of it, it helps stop the very slight distortion in the 19" coils shape that cause a false "bump" signal when you hit the edge on rocks, trees, Missus.......... whoops I never said that.

Hey Norvic. I was going to answer this one till I saw whitebutler doesn`t want a glue on, and that`s fair enough, he likes to keep his gear clean, but I do like having the long life skid plates.

cheers Dave

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, whitebutler said:

Yes I tried to find them online and they aren't shown as available. Does miner john designs have a web site I could order one from?  I'd love to buy an other one. 

Thanks for rapid response

John

Miner John is Razorback Coils. Just to confuse people!

http://razorbackcoils.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/5908106

More here

Thank you Steve I'll get a look at what is offered. I hope they still make them.

Is there any for other machines that are preferred? I have a gerrett at gold and a GP 3000 with stock coils and I have a sadie coil with the 3000. But I will be trying out more machines this year as in buying and testing for myself. If I should look for good protection might as well he some input for others with similar questions. 

Again thanks for the rapid responses 

John

Geez I  totally didn't even look at eBay. I don't want to sound uhm well?.... I am admitting publicly I didn't look. 

Sounds like you have plenty of backup. The problem with having too many machines is a person can only use one at a time. The vast bulk of my detecting this year will be with my GPZ 7000. All the rest I will just be dabbling with by comparison.

• Like 2