Important Changes In Gold Bug 2 Coil & Rod Design

Hey Steve,

I learned the hard way also, some time back when a customer called and said his coil cover wouldn't work.  He said the original white 6.5-inch elliptical coil cover I shipped him wouldn't fit his new Goldbug2.  I was puzzled, but quickly realized they changed the small coil and I never got any notification of it.  Now I have to ask customer on all orders when they order the 6.5-inch coil to make sure if they have the new or old version.  

• Like 1

Just as an additional bit of info, the CZ6a original rod issues were about the same.  When I ordered a replacement, they sent the newer type and I couldnt use it, so i replaced the rest to make all sections new and work together.

• Like 1

The reason I had ordered the part in the first place was to get rid of the old camlock type and utilize the newer pin camlock type.  I also ordered the teknetics (same company, go figure but no part listed by Fisher) extended length lower rod to let me keep the lower rod slid further up into the middle rod to keep the heavy 10.5" CZ coil from swaying on the end when swinging it.  I use the same lower rod to use the heavy 15x12 SEF on my F75 and keep it from swaying much.

Should work to help any other Fisher users with heavy coils.

didnt mean to hijack the thread, but dont think it warranted a new topic.

Nope, good info, this is kind of a bit of everything Fisher thread anyway. I buy extended length lower rids for all my detectors, both for the reason you mention but also to get extra reach if I want it. At 6 feet most standard rods only work well for me fully extended. The standard rods are 20" and extended rods 26.5" long.

IMG_0254.JPG

• Like 1