Detecting In A Group

When I'm in a group, it normally finders keepers, unless you have a pre- agreement to share.

wombat :wink:

• Like 3

Hi Ghansen

Gold has done some strange things to very close people/friends.

Its probably  best to agree on a deal prior starting detecting.Depend of people you detect.

Some people are not much bothered by this.Some are very strange.

I detected many times with so many friends/people i know through forum or Our mining association and never ever had this question/issue even mentioned.

We all detect and everyone keeps for they find.I also call other to check with better detectors if i find anything.I dont really care much about this.I dont  live from it and is just hobby.

Sure everyone likes to find a piece of gold and when someone in a group find anything sometimes we tend to say to each other once you move or finish we will go over.

I go detecting mostly with one person and we have no any agreement in place.We keep finds and last few months i dont even use my detector i use his.

But i know what i would do if i find a Big one.

Even tho he doesn't agree.

As mention on start do agree prior detecting  if you think you need or you might lose some very good friends.

Good luck and i hope you find a nice ones.

GoldEN

• Like 1

I always stuck to the each person keep what they find, because usually I would find a lot more.  

But after spending the last year working with a partner, going halves, it is so much more enjoyable to both be on the same high with every nice find!  

• Like 6

Thanks for the reply's.As I think about it most of the time I have shared it's with a family member or someone new to detecting .      JW. nice gold I enjoy hunting with My Mrs.also one day we found 29 little bits digging in a wash together  great fun!

I often go with friends... what you find, is what you keep... But if my buddy skunks that day, and I have found 2 or more nuggets I will share, as this is a fun hobby not a living.

Dave

• Like 9

I go regularly with 2 mates. Every man for themselves. The most enjoyable part is the gold but a very close second is the 3 hour drive home annoying the shit out of them when you win .....The two way radio cops a flogging .. priceless dribble.

Our rule for finding a chute or reef is: finder clears whatever they can. As soon as you have to call in reiforcements from then on it's a 3 way split.

Cheers

BB

• Like 3

I've often wondered if anyone has tried tag-teaming.  (Obviously the resolution of finds needs to be agreed upon first.)  The idea is to provide complementary information.  For example, two different detectors and/or two different operators evaluate a signal before digging.  This might make a lot more sense for detecting where discrimination is used.  If you're going to dig-it-all you probably don't save time.

Another situation could occur when a person with a deep but less sensitive (to small gold) detector (i.e. PI) goes over an area and is followed by someone with a more sensitive but less deep (IB).  I've seen articles/posts about covering your own patch a second time with a different detector so this is just a variation of that.

How about: one person does the gross search for a good patch and the other(s) follow(s) doing the fine location and digging?

I suspect something like this has been tried in park hunting and even as a club contest/event to build camaraderie within the club.  I've collected a bunch of those colored buried utility indicator flags for marking possible good targets, but I've only used those in a solitaire 'game' to see what signals I get with different detectors.  Still, if I had a pard those would also help.

Thoughts?

• Like 1