Oroville Dam - New Bedrock, New Gold

You get em Bob.... maybe a little night hunting, hehe :ph34r:

• Like 2

They are reviewing the protocol for gold found, i.e. drafting rules and laws to curtail these guys for next time.

Go get em while you can Digger Bob!

Who promoted this story?  My friends down here wonder why I'm not up there now (like a fresh meteorite fall or something) just filling my pockets with nuggets.

News media generally doesn't 'pick up' on what we do but I heard it on the radio news station for 2-3 days in a row.  It didn't make any sense then and it still doesn't.  They're not going to let anyone on that site.  

They're restricting the Auburn Recreation area and many of the rivers up there so a little (or a lot) of rain is not going to change the State of California's mind.  They think us miners do more damage than Mother Nature/God/Weather and want to keep us out and away as much as possible.

If there is gold there ... I hope someone sneaks in!

Mitchel

they got the Gold" when they diverted" the river and Built the Oroville Dam! imo:wacko:

I'm sure that down at the river level there were some river gravels that were washed down to bedrock, but I wonder how much gold the hillside above held. The 49ers didn't wash away every hill in the gold country, just the ones with gold. It doesn't matter if you washed away a hillside if its a hillside that has little or no gold.

• Like 3

In a past life I used to put out brush fires on those hills. Even back then I could recognize placer ground. don't recall seeing anything of interest. I have to agree with CR. there would be signs of ground sluicing if it was worth while ground.

• Like 2