SDC 2300 Worrying Problem

hey all,

I buggered my headphones in the first 10 mins of testing the sdc on a good producing patch, stood on the cord while standing up, too excited finding all the shotgun pellets.....need to invest in the wireless setup..

Quite disappointed I couldn't use the machine underwater this season but its been a wet/windy/cold summer anyhow..next summer, I brought it for helping in sniping gold, finding the drop zones in small waterways have used the at gold for this but find all the noise out of a vlf machine too much info for my limited brain capacity ...

John , I brought it for a guy who spent a couple of months in skippers detecting all the high benches/terraces, showed me some of the gold, pretty nice.

Other than the water issue its a pretty banging, simple detector, still amazed at the size of the gold it hits on

all kinds of luck too ya all

Steve, you have created an awesome forum BTW, nice work ,

cheers

matt

• Like 3

I just had excellent service from minelab americas.  After 21/2 years of solid use on my sdc and 6 months left on the warranty they replaced my sdc in a one week turnaround.  The coil pivot assembly had worn out.  I was happy with the service.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Just an update to this thread. 

SDC had been returned whilst we were away. 

Kevin from Minelab advised via email that they had replaced the main pcb and should have no further issues.  I'm not sure what a pcb is but it sounds technical :laugh::laugh:

Fired it up this arvo and all seemed good.  

Thankyou to Minelab :wink:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Thanks for the report back, I appreciate that. Looks like people can no longer count on getting a complete new SDC 2300 if a failure occurs under warranty as seems to have been the case at one point.

Not entirely true Steve. I had issues with the 2300 "going off" like a pork chop (bought machine new 6 months ago). Like going over a coke can with no rubbish in site. Sent it to minelab - bench tested fine so got it back. Took it out - worked fine for 15 minutes then started to play up again. I could hear something small rattling around in the unit.

I got a new machine last week. Whole process took about 3 weeks - cannot complain about that ..... great service.

Cheers

BB

As of February Minelab said:

Currently in the U.S., all repairs of Minelab products are being handled by Kellyco as an Authorized Service Center (ASC). Minelab has realized is that while the repairs are getting performed, they are not always being completed in a time frame that meets the customers’ expectations for a high-end piece of equipment. This is not a mark against Kellyco since they have a limited staff doing repairs for Minelab as well as other brands.

Minelab has committed to address and resolve this issue through multiple efforts. Adding additional ASC’s is one thing that will reduce the backlog time but that will take a little time to implement since there is setup time and training that will be needed to support opening other ASC’s in the U.S. Minelab is also planning to add more ASC’s worldwide to streamline the repair process and shorten the completion time. They are also planning on making select parts available through authorized dealers so that basic repairs can be performed locally rather than sending the unit in and waiting in line for something that could have been addressed through a simple part swap-out. That program is being finalized and is expected to be rolled-out by mid-year.