Starting A New Mine After Magnetic, Resistivity And I.p Survey.

Uturn.thumb.jpg.46a0d5a3e6b69272ae897dec1c8f107f.jpg

I will just have to be very patient in the project. Apparently when its raining the area is inaccessible unless one is prepared to walk 5km. On Sunday we thought the ground was dry enough and tried to go there only for our vehicles to sink. Lucky enough we had manpower to push them out and we went back home.  With  time  it  will  be worth  it  to  throw  rubble onto  the  muddy  areas

• Like 2

Here in the Sierra Nevada mountains we will be fighting the snow for at least another two months but I am confident that the gold will still be there. Thanks for keeping us up dated on your operation.

2 hours ago, klunker said:

Here in the Sierra Nevada mountains we will be fighting the snow for at least another two months but I am confident that the gold will still be there. Thanks for keeping us up dated on your operation.

So you  continue  mining or  you  take  a  break?  When  is  snowing,  in deep shafts  will it  be  cold  or  hot?

North east  of  my  claim,  less  than  50m away,  these  guys  have  started  a  shaft.  They  are  now  8m  down.  1st  meter they  had  mudstone,  then  the  the  stones in the  order  of  the  pictures. They  havent  encountered  competent  rock  as  of  yet.  

20170318_140632_crop_540x319.jpg

20170318_141736_crop_540x391.jpg

20170318_141646-1024x1024.jpg

20170318_142202-1024x1024.jpg

shear zones buddy ! and or highly altered structures........try and read the land..look for stuff thats different....cheers, ig

• Like 1

1 hour ago, idahogold said:

shear zones buddy ! and or highly altered structures........try and read the land..look for stuff thats different....cheers, ig

The  guys  arent  digging  in  my  claim,  they  are  50m  away  and  no even  on  that  line  i  am  targeting

They  are  50m  away  from  my  claim,  somewhere where  that  yellow  X in  the  pic  below.  I  am not  sure  how they  targeted  the particular spot.  Am  yet  to ask

20170320_014002.png

On 05/03/2017 at 3:23 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Ultimately geophysical prospecting just provides clues. Each clue is put together in context with all the other clues and judgement calls made. A magnetic survey for instance just reveals magnetic anomalies. This could be a clue to a valuable resource, or perhaps just a zone with more magnetite than the surrounding rock. Very many places that return what look like exciting results via geophysical surveys never prove out to be mines. And I have seen places where mines are that have been subjected to geophysical survey after the fact, with surprisingly little result.

I tend to think in terms of strong clues and weak clues. Actual physical results by way of surface sampling, digging pits, drilling, etc. are strong clues. Geophysical methods by and large in my opinion are weak clues. They have to be taken together with all the information you have to provide an overall picture, but taken alone and separately are not much to go on. I would advise caution as there are people that put far too much weight on geophysical survey results alone. They would tend to be the type who are looking for investors. Just my opinion as a layman however.

There are people here with more knowledge and experience than I and hopefully they will chime in. The reality is this sort of thing is beyond the scope of this forum and most of the people here are not involved in such things so you may find better sources of information elsewhere.

Here is an old guide (1968) that provides some easy to understand practical information:

HANDBOOK OF GEOPHYSICAL PROSPECTING METHODS FOR THE ALASKAN PROSPECTOR

I agree Steve, we have used magnetic maps as well but sometimes the shed if any can be some distance off the anomaly. Rios, if it was me I would be looking if your lease is in the main run on the magnetic maps of the others that are producing gold. Other than that all I can say is you only live once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bloodgold2 said:

I agree Steve, we have used magnetic maps as well but sometimes the shed if any can be some distance off the anomaly. Rios, if it was me I would be looking if your lease is in the main run on the magnetic maps of the others that are producing gold. Other than that all I can say is you only live once.

I hear. My plan now is to do a mag starting from where the other guys are mining running all the way to my claim. I think the level of confidence can increase a bit after that.