Starting A New Mine After Magnetic, Resistivity And I.p Survey.

At 35m we drove into the reef, sampled it and thought it was not rich enough and continued digging downwards. We had driven horizontally 3m. We then drove a further meter or so to build a sump basin as when we got into the reef water started flowing out. So the guys are digging vertically going down now. Reef at 35m was 3 meters from our shaft. The blast for our sump exposed the reef further and I decided to take it for fire assay.

The results were 143.2 grams per ton which was quite surprising considering when we had initially gotten into it, we thought it was useless.

We have since decided to continue with our downward push then we will drive into the reef again at 50m or so. Our confidence levels are now so high that we are literally shaking with excitement. we know the reef is there and we know chances are higher it will have good grades of gold.

We had expected to intercept the vein at 40m but the vertical shaft has not done so. It looks like we are now parallel to it as it is probably now vertically steeping.

The gold is in quartz veins, I would say in bands with sulphide and sometimes along the margins. There is a lot of pyrite in the quartz also. The quartz veins are hosted in very hard bluestone. We have breaking our drill steels and bits like every time.

and we had an interesting visitor.  we shepherded it away

mine plan.jpg

Bluestone 1.JPG

Puff adder at mine.JPG

• Like 6

Must admit it certainly has been a very enjoyable read,glad its looking like it could come good for you finally after all this time.

• 2 months later...

Its timbered up now, the shaft. We did it just before the rains started, and they have started. Access to the mine when it rains is limited. But we are still working.

Even though our shaft is now 53m deep vertically we are working on the tunnel at 35m. The grades have been around 25g per 7 ton load at a stamp mill.

The mineralization is structurally controlled there is more gold the deeper one goes. Its just that at 35m there is no water, that is why for now we are working at that level.

load.jpg

ore 2.jpg

ore.jpg

oxidized ore.jpg

reef.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

How do you do it smartmax? I would have never thought of hooking a battery charger into the ground and seeing valuable ore deposits from a distance! And your metal detectors have the thinnest/lightest coils I have ever seen! I do have to say Max is one smart dude.

Steve, 

This was a awesome thread until the LRL crowd spammed it :(

DP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At least the computer is legit...it's a panasonic tough book...love those lap tops. 

strick