Forum Acting Flakey Under Windows?

Steve Herschbach

My Win 10 PC has been acting up lately, with mouse and keyboard response getting unreliable, and not just on the forum. I just has a forum user reporting odd behavior on the forum with Win 7. My iPad is having no issues. Anyone seeing anything funny - keyboard or mouse entries or movements not taking?

I am going to nuke my PC and start with a clean install as I think I have other issues there, some sort of driver conflict. Thought I would check with you all though to see if anything else is up.

Steve,

Same problem when trying to send you a private message.

I am doing this in Word and pasting when I can get the curser to “stick” for a couple seconds.

Do you use a wireless mouse/keyboard and is there any other USB device in a slot adjacent to the rx/tx unit if so?

I just ran into that problem, both my wireless ethernet and my new USB 3.0 stick caused problems with the wireless mouse/keyboard. Solved by moving them to the back of the computer.

• Like 1

I have no problems with the forum and Google Chrome.

As jasong has said there can be a problem with the mouse battery, connection and sometimes it just gets dirt on the bottom and when it gets closer to the desk again it is fixed.

Don't nuke too much.