Looking forward to that thread, all the advice you guy post is a big help to me to get things going this season and I'm picking up on a few things that I ad no clue about.

Not the best photos but you should get the idea... I was annoyed with the two long hoses so got hold of 2 x 180 degree 2.5 inch bends... stretched one end to 3 inch to fit the keene 4 inch to 3 inch splitter, cut the 3inch ends of the jet flares and welded it all together as pictured. a 4 inch camlock attaches to the single 40hp pump... lost nothing but clutter... power the same... works a treat

DSCN1368.JPG

DSCN1367.JPG

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:30 PM, sjmpainter said:

I thought installing quick disconnects to the intake was going to be straight forward and a simple PVC slip fitting with a threaded end! Well that Keene fitting is not standard 2 1/2 PVC pipe.

I googled for any info on the intake with a Cam Loc fitting, looks like I'm the only one looking to do this. I did figure out you can replace the Keene fitting( Armadillo Mining 18.00 ea.) With that I decided to get creative. Reality set in and being we are looking at a low pressure suction connection I figured id just glue my 2 1/2 inch Cam Loc fitting to the PVC nipple. I ended up using Sikaflex 1a to do this.

Here is what I ended up with, hope it holds.

Many years ago after I (like an idiot) sold my 6" with Promack pumps I tried to get Keene to do the threaded intake on their pumps but they refused.  Thanks for the reminder.. I just emailed Mark/Pat about it to see if they can do it yet.

Armadillo mining??  Really Steve? lol

Looking good IBD! After using the dredge, I agree the two pressure feed hoses are a pain. I'm planning on hard piping mine as well.

What are the extra Cam-Locks for?

Brian, using the Urethane to glue the fittings to the pump worked excellent!

:blink: ooooooops :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

The one inch sticking up is for a hose for blowing out crevices... or for powering a 1.5 inch suction nozzle to clean out crevices.

The large one is for a booster power jet for long distances or to assist the main power jet to prime... sometimes the main jet is above the water and needs a hand to get started.