Sign in to follow this  
Condor

Prospecting Pants

My Sister in Alberta turned me on to a pair of pants like no other,her husband is a roofer and thats all he wears..I always would wear wranglers..but found they would bind me up after getting sweaty..bending over and nealing down.

If you want comfort...don't laugh at me... but I have been wearing blue jeans from Costco..$15.00 a pair.

Their called "urben star",could be made in China for all I know....stretch like the dickens do not bind in the crotch area...and for that price I buy 6 pair a year...

All I wear now...do you want to look good or pound the ground in comfort...your call :)

Those jeans might be good for street wear, but I bet you can't walk through a blackberry patch or manzanita without damage to you or the pant. Plus one thing I really like about some of Duluth's firehouse pants is they have a pocket for built in knee pads, very nice in rocky areas.

Thst being said, I will still check out those Costco jeans for regular wear......

I have to look into getting a pair or two.  They might be good for working in shop also, I seem to wear through blue jeans pretty fast.   The knee pad sounds pretty good Steve as I have a bad calcium deposit on my left knee that when I kneel on just right about launches me to the moon.  Painful as hell.

Edited by WesH

I wear wrangler cargo pants...I find the fit and various pockets suit my needs most of the time...they have a rise similar to levis and that is comfortable for me-because I am not as stud-ly as some...  I donot like the crouch hanging to my knees...

plus the wranglers are only about 20 bucks at wal-mart.

When the weather is freezing cold I wear my light-weight REI woolies under them.

fred

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By martygene
      Maybe waterproof some of the time. Maybe warm some of the time. Sensitive enough to find small targets without having to take gloves off. And rugged. Maybe one pair for warm and another for waterproof. And then I will be going to the UK in late April so what would be good for over there? Any ideas of what has worked ( and not worked) would be much appreciated. thanks. I saw one YouTube vid where a guy was wearing Sealskinz but the reviews on Amazon weren't all the best and they are expensive.  
    • By Sourdough Scott
      I was in the market for some new work pants. I came across these Caterpillar pants. The only metal on them is the zipper and button. They have built in nail bag pockets. Slots for slip in knee pads.(sold separately). I think they will be well suited for metal detecting. Thought I would share. Merry Christmas everyone.

• By mn90403
      I stopped by a store a friend of mine told me about today and I'll never shop at REI again for boots.  This place https://www.galls.com/ has 769 entries for footwear.  I looked in their print catalog (what's that) and there are 45 pages of shoes, boots, duty boots, metal free, etc.  There is much more online and I have to say if you want to save a lot of bucks, get a Galls brand shoe.  I recently bought a new pair so I don't need any this season but if you do get some of these!
      If you can't navigate a website very good go directly to the footwear here:  https://www.galls.com/footwear
      Oh, I'm also going to buy some of their pants and shorts.
      Mitchel
    • By GB_Amateur
      I'm sure many of you detect in colder weather than I've been in the last couple days (38F = 3C).  I can keep everything warm but my fingers.  Even with gloves (one on my detecting hand and two on my digging hand) I can't keep my fingers warm.  My detecting hand has a fairly thin (mechanic's) glove so I can handle the controls.  Both hands have been dry so that isn't the problem.  Any advice appreciated.

• By Sourdough Scott
      Where can one purchase metal free boots? And how many of you detectorists wear them?
    • By strick
      I'been looking for some new boots lately. The Reebok tactical boots just arnt doing it for me. Their hard to get on and off even though they have a side zipper...their heavy and most of all they are not water proof. The last straw was a couple weekends ago while I was trampling around the foot hills my feet got wet instantly as I had to cross several creeks. So I went to Bass Pro last week Pin pointer in hand and found one pair of boots (only one) on display that had no metal in them. Turns out that I could not be happier. They are light weight (3lbs total for the pair) Water proof (Gortex)  and most of all comfortable.  Broke them in last weekend and my feet were bone dry at the end of the day despite having stepped in water up to my ankles. The boot strings are a little on the thin side but that would be the only thing that could be improved. Just thought I'd pass it along.  http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-RCT-GORETEX-Hunting-Boots-for-Men/product/12021405012918/

strick