New Africa VLF Detector?

Somethings going on w/ Salty;s choice of Machines Here! Nice piece at good depth. Y -Go Vlf???? over Zed's zvt?? Just wondering:mellow:??

• Like 1

It's one of the Whites Pulse units for the African market Idaho, with a 6" Coiltek mono on the end. Just a different stickered SPP. 

Not sure why he's mentioned the Zed, but he seems to be cruising with the Whites unit.. 

• Like 2

Ok Thanks........Thought it was a Whites Gmt vlf Doh! :blink:

That started out as a special build for the Africa market, a stripped down TDI SL marketed in Africa under the confusing name GMT Super Pulse. I posted about it on Findmall back in 2013

Here is the link to the GMT Super Pulse marketing website.

They did not sell well and White's got stuck with a warehouse full. Jimmy Sierra was interested in marketing them and so they were rebranded as the Sierra Pulse Pro, or White's SPP. I had one for a short time as detailed here on the forum.

It really is just a TDI SL with a few controls removed.

IMG_0256.JPG

whites-sierra-pulse-pro-gold-nugget-detector.jpg

• Like 1

You can remove the SPP sticker to reveal GMT Super Pulse underneath it.

Don't think he's used a GPZ. I do most of my detecting in very similar looking country & the GPZ cruises too. I doubt you'd be picking up anything a Zed would miss & in fact the 7000 would punch deeper IMO although depth may not be an issue on that ground anyway. 

• Like 1

I have one of the SPP that I got from Digger Bob in the other room. Like said Jimmy Just put his name over the other and a new detector was born. To say that he sold them all but he done something White's couldn't do and that was get them back on the market.

If you went to White's site you didn't find the SPP on there. I've heard that White's looked at the SPP like a stepchild and almost to the point of saying it don't belong to us. So now they out there now with their old sticker showing testing something new to cover up what they got in a old control box.

This is my WAG ( wild ass guess )

Chuck

PS I may be wrong but I can't remember when that was.

• Like 1