Golding Relic Pics

Just now, cadian said:

Great photo"s Guy"s, Heres a photo of relic sitting in a relic

IMG_0043.JPG

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  you said it..

nah you still have a way to go yet..

Sorry Jen still trying to work out how to upload,I put the photo in your with your photos. Helen and myself plan on catching up with you guy"s shortly before you head West.

Cheers Dave :cool:

1 hour ago, cadian said:

Sorry Jen still trying to work out how to upload,I put the photo in your with your photos. Helen and myself plan on catching up with you guy"s shortly before you head West.

Cheers Dave :cool:

No worries Dave..

Thanks for sharing the pictures some of them are pretty cool make you think sometime did those miner fond the motherload did they lost everything............

RR

2 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Thanks for sharing the pictures some of them are pretty cool make you think sometime did those miner fond the motherload did they lost everything............

RR

when we walk around the bush and see the old makeshift camps, Like the shafts they dug, all by hand, probably with a bit of help of dynamite..  BOOM!!! 

i reckon a lot of it was hit and miss

sink a shaft.. bugger nothing!  Sink another shaft,  they hit the motherlode

A few would have lost everything including thier lives,

while others did very well, only to spend it on booze and such :rolleyes:

G'day All,

thanks for sharing all those great photos, I often wonder what it would have been like to go back in time and see how tough the old timers had it back then.    :unsure:    It sure is amazing to see all their old gear laying about in the bush.   

Cheers. 

Mike. 

6 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

RR

RR

those guys were just plain tough back in the good ol gold days. This article is from the amador ledger about my great great uncle, back to work in a week, I take a week off when I stub my toe...taken me a week just to clean my shorts.

/ Caved On.

Martin Juka had a remarkable escape from death last Monday, while working in the Oneida mine. He was employed at the 1800 level, when a mass of rock, estimated at thirty tons, fell, completely covering him up. The large rocks fell in such a manner as to protect him from the full force of the falling debris. It took three or four men fully an hour to liberate him. He was severely bruised about the head, back and hands, but escaped without serious injury. No bones were broken. He was removed to his boarding house at his relative's, John Juka, where he is doing nicely, and expects to be able to return to work in a week or two. He is 18 years of age.

one tough dude.

• Like 5

1515Art......Guardian Angels Working Overtime! :rolleyes: WoW!

• Like 2

On 12 March 2017 at 3:16 AM, 1515Art said:

RR

those guys were just plain tough back in the good ol gold days. This article is from the amador ledger about my great great uncle, back to work in a week, I take a week off when I stub my toe...taken me a week just to clean my shorts.

/ Caved On.

Martin Juka had a remarkable escape from death last Monday, while working in the Oneida mine. He was employed at the 1800 level, when a mass of rock, estimated at thirty tons, fell, completely covering him up. The large rocks fell in such a manner as to protect him from the full force of the falling debris. It took three or four men fully an hour to liberate him. He was severely bruised about the head, back and hands, but escaped without serious injury. No bones were broken. He was removed to his boarding house at his relative's, John Juka, where he is doing nicely, and expects to be able to return to work in a week or two. He is 18 years of age.

one tough dude.

Good grace!!!!!!!!

RR

• Like 1