XP Deus Version 4 - Finally?

Oh Dear,... just read trough the manual.

It is still just a Deus,... no sat speed adjustment in the tracking ground balance.

It is a High Frequency Deus,... but so is a Goldbug II. Everything is nice and pinpointy and oscilloscopy,... but why give the whole detecting world High Frequency Coils if you don't give them the tools to use them. Ah well,.. the French,... they build akward cars too. Pretty good wine and cheese though!

• Like 2

Good words. But they are think that way and you are right. That is true. XP is serving the same meal but with different name ;)

Buahahah. No way. Few yers and will be ready to made patch. New 4.0 need patches to be true 4.0... sorry.

5 hours ago, scoopjohnb said:

It is still just a Deus,... no sat speed adjustment in the tracking ground balance

Hi Scoop,

I have been considering buying a Deus but know very little about them and really don't have much experience detecting in general.

Would you mind explaining to me why this is a problem. Thanks in advance.

I'm a big fan of French roast!

It is not actually a big problem, just a set of features that most "modern" units have and are appreciated by many.

Tracking isn't available in the gold field program, if I read the manual correctly. It allows the detector to adjust automatically to the ground conditions. Great when you are just looking for signals in an area devoid of anything. Or hunting areas with hot ground but varying degrees of salinity and moisture. You don't need to continually adjust the ground balance by pumping or thumbing knobs.

In any decent All Metal program there is a threshold it mostly recovers to its original loudness and tone. This allows the user to hear the ground, hear the mineralisation changes. And control the coil trying to keep the same airgap during the sweep. The rate it recovers at is called SAT Speed "Self Adjusting Threshold Speed" adjustment.

Want to go slow, steady and deep. Slow Sat.

Want to go fast and just skim the surface for targets. Fast Sat Or rapidly changing contours and minerals.

XP Deus calls this Reactivity and has 5 adjustments for it. Not realy a feature set as "older" models or more purpose orientated models have much more adjustment span.

Think of it as a set of tools going from 3 mm nuts to 40 mm nuts in 5 steps. It looks like a tooldrawer, it feels like a tooldrawer,.... but you can't do anything with it.

Off course the Deus will find nuggets. It will find tiny nuggets. But you want a full featureset if you are buying a top notch multi selectable frequency unit. Wireless anything isn't a buying decision swaying featureset anymore. Minelab and Garett and a few other brands have made 20 year old detectors backwards compatible and user customisable.

Maybe when we hit V8. Or how several years of waiting brings old tea and stale biscuits.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scoopjohnb said:

XP Deus calls this Reactivity and has 5 adjustments for it. Not realy a feature set as "older" models or more purpose orientated models have much more adjustment span.

Think of it as a set of tools going from 3 mm nuts to 40 mm nuts in 5 steps. It looks like a tooldrawer, it feels like a tooldrawer,.... but you can't do anything with it.

Thanks Scoop! Great explanation. I had a pretty decent idea of what you were speaking about but this explanation makes it much clearer. So this 2.5 reactivity that is being spoke of, I'm guessing would be the slowest SAT speed? So best bet for gold would be to use 2.5 and a slow sweep speed, does that sound right to you?

Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

Multitones reactivity 2.5 mostly, silencer -1, disc - minus values now, and GB manual - minus 3 to 5. And is good enough but little noisy. And sweep speed should be lower for better audio respond.

• Like 1

As Shelton points out the lower reactivity settings will detect deeper. I'm not completely up to speed with the Deus,... because after 2 machines I had my fill. Was waiting for V4 to bring something new to the table. But alas :-(

Don't hunt nuggets, but do hunt gold at the beach. That's the reason I really enjoy a good All Metal unit.

I'm waiting for the Impact to obliterate everything with it's impact, but at the moment it seems like the unit is on par with another well known depth demon. And there is another monster lurking at the horizon :-) Spoilt for choice!

• Like 1