Springs Here! Be Careful For Snakes

15 minutes ago, Digger Jones said:

That is too cool! Hope he didn't end up on someone's dinner plate. Thanks for sharing the pictures! 

I suspect he has. They call in regularly on their way out hunting and have eyed him off for a year or two. Told them he was off limits but I think they nabbed him while I was out.

Mind you, I was running low on undies and if he'd nicked another pair I might have ate him myself

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How to handle the little 'boogers -when Mice invade your Gold mine! :ph34r: Cheers, Ig

• 3 years later...

It all depends what snakes are in your area. If they aren’t aggressive and poisonous, then just pass through and don’t kill them. I believe you heard if you kill a snake, then it will turn out really bad eventually on your karma. I know, I sound a little bit superstitious, but I have real examples then people’s life turned into a complete nightmare right after killing a snake. In fact, there are many domestic snakes which live into the wilderness. Check them out on https://petsoid.com/5-great-beginner-pet-snakes/ and in case you come across them, simply let them go.

I think most of us have run into snakes. In my own experience, they all have been retiring and docile unless for some reason they feel cornered or threatened…just like most living things.

I love seeing them and their fascinating ways and always feel honored to have come across one.

• Like 1