What Is Your Ultimate Detecting Goal

My goal would be to get through this year again, even if we don't find as much as we did last year, but still have a good year.   :smile: 

cheers. 

Mike.  

• Like 4

The worlds first meteorite with visible gold running all through it !!!  :biggrin:

• Like 6

My wishes and wants always change. I can't say I want a multi ouncer, as that's been met. I am looking at a multi pound nugget. No host rock just gold. I know of seven pieces found withing a few miles of an area I hunt. These areas are both to the north and to the south. I have a chance. Might also like to make a real living at detecting, not just supplemental. 

Ether way I go I really just want to put on the headphones and hear my 7000 sing to me. I think the fresh air and a minelab opera it's the best. Fallow that with I few pints of porter and I'm in heaven!

Good times

John

• Like 2

I'd like to find enough gold to cover the cost of all my prospecting gear. I wouldn't mind if there was a bit left over as a bonus.

Rowdy

• Like 2

Retirement! Gold, coin, treasure.... Might sound unreal to most but that is honestly my goal everytime I head out and I honestly believe it will happen. 

Short term = 

- crack the gram mark (thought I had yesterday but it was .94).

- average at least 1 good days detecting a week for the year.

Medium term = 

- crack the ounce mark.

- recoup the cost of the Z and SDC by Christmas this year with gold finds. 

Long term =

- stay healthy enough to continue detecting.

- find a virgin reef - even just a little one.  Would be very cool to work it from go-to-wo.

- previously I would have said to "make a living from detecting" but as with all things if you make your hobby your job sometimes the shine wears off.  Happy to leave it as a significant (obsessive, all encompassing :rolleyes:) pastime.  

Great question GoldEn :wink:

• Like 3