What Is Your Ultimate Detecting Goal

My wife and I have found over 60 gold rings on one holiday. A half sovereign on the gold fields, a sovereign on a old race track(now a farm paddock). A heap of silver and copper coins from old schools and churches as well as plenty of spending money in current coins.  19 Oz in a morning and pushed to over 26 Oz after lunch. A few good virgin patches exceeding a Kilo.

My ULTIMATE GOAL is finding my next nugget.

• Like 8

I too still dream of finding that really big nugget, this dream was initially just finding one, now I have all the steps just prior to finding it memorized...eg: initial broad signal, at least a foot down, I lift a full shovel of dirt that's really HEAVY....I sit next to it for a few minutes before uncovering it so I can let my mind run wild with all the possibilities and finally, I remove a bit of dirt from just a corner of the target and it gleams yellow in the sun......

• Like 2

I really have no goal except to enjoy life and each hunt before I eventually die.

Oh, I do have a detecting goal of sorts, but it's a moving target: To master my favorite metal detector.

4 hours ago, NuggetWill said:

I too still dream of finding that really big nugget, this dream was initially just finding one, now I have all the steps just prior to finding it memorized...eg: initial broad signal, at least a foot down, I lift a full shovel of dirt that's really HEAVY....I sit next to it for a few minutes before uncovering it so I can let my mind run wild with all the possibilities and finally, I remove a bit of dirt from just a corner of the target and it gleams yellow in the sun......

I don't think I could sit there pondering before finding out how big that monster is...?

Welcome to the forum, Will!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, geof_junk said:

My wife and I have found over 60 gold rings on one holiday. A half sovereign on the gold fields, a sovereign on a old race track(now a farm paddock). A heap of silver and copper coins from old schools and churches as well as plenty of spending money in current coins.  19 Oz in a morning and pushed to over 26 Oz after lunch. A few good virgin patches exceeding a Kilo.

My ULTIMATE GOAL is finding my next nugget.

Now That;s Impressive! :laugh:still shaking my head! Ig

• Like 1

Main goal is to find world biggest nugget, anything bigger then 3123 Toz (214 pound) gold content, it doesn't have to be a solid, it can have some added quartz. Secondary goal...find a patch over 1000 oz's. Third goal, like Fed Mason... find a really really big fresh Pallasite Meteorite with big glassy peridot crystals that can be sliced to look like a lead light window. RDD  

• Like 1

In the begging it was just finding a piece of gold. then more, then a big one. Then finding some gold and relics where my elder family mined during the rush. even was with a friend when he found a gold double eagle. damit. atleast I got to be there. Nowdays my goals are different.  Just being outside enjoying the wilds with the possibilty of getting attacked by a mountain lion or a Rabid Nurse paul is thrilling. but most of all I enjoy more helping new detectorist find their first gold and see them off to a new detecting hobbie. that is my treasure or goal nowdays. too give back. No not you Paul. Good luck!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LipCa said:

Just find a pocket with 1000 ounces in it.....

I've heard it called greed but then I'm quite sure we have all given back at some point.  If I found 1000 I would only take enough to tell my employer .... In other words I would quit working. 

John