New Detector Tech??

Probably by time new technology is created to achieve raw depth with a  detector, we will all be too old and broken down to dig that far. or environmental laws will not let anybody dig anything by then. so one day when this all comes to pass we can give each other coordinates to come check out the one pound nugget that we detected with our new tech detectors that we can hear or see the guaranteed  gold signature at 15 feet but are no longer allowed to dig. we can all come here to share. Steve can call his site detector prospector and coordinates. Good luck 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringmoney said:

How about trying one out? and seeing what most AKA users see and that being a serious deep machine. I know there is no dealer network in the US, but we do in Europe, other makes do not either and are widely accepted in the US.

Why not we accept your word for it and you tell us more about AKA as you learn more about them? My hands are plenty full with projects right now. Surely you can report on detectors as well as I.

43 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Why not we accept your word for it and you tell us more about AKA as you learn more about them? My hands are plenty full with projects right now. Surely you can report on detectors as well as I.

If I was able to put my thoughts down on paper properly I would for sure, see how hard I got it to try and explain the so called "ground zone" above LOL. I am highly dyslexic so converting thoughts to the pen is difficult. Its being a while since I done a report on anything but, you know what I might give it a go and see how I get on, might take a while though.

• Like 1

No deadlines here ? and no serious grammar or spelling police either. Just describe what you are experiencing in your own words. Real world results mean more than tech talk. I kind of know what is going on under the hood of my truck but really all I care about is that it gets me from point A to point B.

• Like 2

What you are reading is marketing speak for salt compensation.  The key words are "  conductive and mineralized at the same time"

All they are doing is creating a multi freq coil that will allow their single freq units to simultaneously ground cancel at both conductive and mineral balance points.   They will still be gold deadened in wet salt like any other unit as the wet salt ground signal is too strong to overcome it's masking effects.

But, they will have a dual frequency coil for use in mixed soil conditions.

HH
Mike

But, and I say But,.... if they have figured out a way to cancel wet salt and still respond to gold targets that share the same phase response....well then that would be a game changer for beach hunters.

HH
Mike

And I'm running off at the mouth....the Fisher GoldStike never lost sensitivity to gold at any of its available ground balance settings but I don't know if it actually balanced all the way to salt.

Mike

More on this idea of AKA going something with the ground range that other detectors discard out of hand. Here is XP making the same claim about the DEUS:

"GOLD FIELD uses another detection method designed for searching highly mineralised ground which is often where gold nuggets are found. In these conditions, targets can be seen as ground mineralisation or ferrous objects, especially when they are deep. To go deeper in these difficult conditions, the "Gold Field" program uses a true All Metal mode that allows you to accept a zone of ground that is usually not available. Instead of rejecting all the ground values below a predetermined value (as on conventional detectors), it rejects only the specific value of ground in which you are searching, which means you have to adjust precisely. To facilitate the ground balance (essential in this program), *pressing will make an immediate acquisition of the ground value within one or 2 pumps of the coil."

This is all just marketing speak for saying "we have a ground balance control instead of a preset ground balance setting". Same with AKA. And same with AKA multi frequency claims as being "first" implying new technology. Marketing fluff. Sorry, they may make good detectors, but this is all just the marketing department at work - in my opinion.

I sure am not betting they have figured out how to tune out salt and pick up gold that reads exactly the same as salt!

Anyway, I just want to finish by saying that none of this would imply that AKA does not make powerful metal detectors. Everyone uses marketing to try and imply they have the magic sauce. The only way to know for sure is to have people get them, use them, and tell us what they think. Reports from the U.K. have been positive.