New Detector Tech??

The mineral range is available on the Teknetics T2.  It is the first 1 through 10 numbers in the 40 point ferrous discrimination range.  Makro copied it and other things in the Racer series.

HH
Mike

Garrett AT has 0 - 40 ground and ferrous range also. Everybody "copies" from everyone else to a certain degree. We need more of that sometimes. It is called standardization. There is no reason why every time I get a new detector a different number means "dime". Being different just to be "new" is not always a good thing.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

More on this idea of AKA going something with the ground range that other detectors discard out of hand. Here is XP making the same claim about the DEUS:

"GOLD FIELD uses another detection method designed for searching highly mineralised ground which is often where gold nuggets are found. In these conditions, targets can be seen as ground mineralisation or ferrous objects, especially when they are deep. To go deeper in these difficult conditions, the "Gold Field" program uses a true All Metal mode that allows you to accept a zone of ground that is usually not available. Instead of rejecting all the ground values below a predetermined value (as on conventional detectors), it rejects only the specific value of ground in which you are searching, which means you have to adjust precisely. To facilitate the ground balance (essential in this program), *pressing will make an immediate acquisition of the ground value within one or 2 pumps of the coil."

I asked for clarification on what's this "ground zone" over on another forum, now translations can be difficult at time but what I got out of sounds exactly like what XP are saying above, its all about a nervy narrow band of ground rejection.