Prospecting Gear Security ?????

So I've been working on my new dredge and its turning into a chunk of change. That has me thinking I need to plan a bit. Been lucky to date I have only lost a GEO pick but even that is 60.00.

I'm looking for ideas as to deter people from getting into my stuff and vandalizing or stealing. What are the rest of you guy's doing?

So far I have cables and locks for the dredges and I ordered security bolts to secure the motors. Looking at a game cam to post on a tree at the main road to get a picture of any driving in figure i'll get a license plate that way as well as a profile. Anyone have a favorite camera? Maybe some" smile your on camera signs"?

I am looking at some camouflaged tarps and I did paint up some steel lock boxes for hand tools and small gear.

Anyone use GPS tracking devices?

Not looking to set up booby traps to hurt people but if anyone has a landmine that blows out crap, I'm listening:rolleyes:

Here are the lock boxes I painted.

IMG_1537.thumb.JPG.45f941b97e3c7ee99c16bb8487a8c63b.JPG

I use game cameras, get ones with black flash. You need more then one in case someone

happens to see one. Camera signs, I don't like the idea. That will make the intruders look around

find them

• Like 1