Australian Prospecting Newspaper Article

"...it is a funny game they play, these people who live and breathe gold and search for it every day. They look for something that might not be there but if it is could change their lives forever."

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/miners-with-a-heart-for-gold-20170310-guvc87.html

• Like 6

Hi Steve, as a warning, when I clicked on link my phone kept flashing what I think is a "fake" virus warning. Fake Google page. It tried to get me to click on another link to fix. I just rebooted my phone instead. 

Not sure if it was something that only happened to me.

Chris

Thanks for that Steve. John Gladdis, I have known now for about 20 years and a very good friend. It is true, he has found many Oz of gold over the years. He actually helped me find my 1st gold nugget with a detector and we've been friends ever since. That is how we met, on one of his field trips. John also had a lot to do in the development of the early coils for Minelab. The shop that is mentioned in the article is Coiltek Gold Centre in Maryborough. The Coiltek coils are now made by Trevor Terraresso in Salisbury in South.Australia. But John still makes his own coils to suit his own personal machines. His son Andrew runs the shop now, more so than John. I only live about 3 km from the shop and drop in to see the boys from time to time.   

wombat :wink:

• Like 4

I met John Gladdis few times. 

I was privileged to meet cream of the cream of pioneers and one of the most succesfull operators in Victoria/Australia in Laanecorrie Bash. 

I also have my  detector set up by John in 3 modes -for quiet mind and hot ground.

On one of training days in Goldfields of Dunnolly he set up  my detector and told me he never changes settings just sit h to these 3 different modes. 

Was also told  he was impressed with my detecting (found only nugget for a day in quite red hot ironstone ground).

Predicted I will find 100 ounce.

I don't like to disappoint people but there is not many people who found it with detector but I will do my best. 

It might not happen in goldfields of Australia buy most likely somewhere in Mediterranean sea.

These people like John are not just great prospectors but ultimate fun to be around and listen to them.  Such an amazing souls and great ambasadors for our hobby and our country. 

Thanks for your contribution and great coils. There is not coincidence he liked me. 

I found the biggest nugget with his coil. 

14 inch mono round terracotta coil .

And thanks Phoenix cos without you it would not happened. 

GoldEn 

• Like 4