Digital Microscope For My Android Smartphone

I purchased this digital microscope off of Amazon for around 25 bucks. It came from China, so it took forever to get here. But it does work on my PC and comes with a program on disc. 

So if your interested? Get one that is already somewhat local to where you live. Like not China. Also make sure it has a App made for it. I had to search the app store and finally found one that worked after several tries. Also make sure it has a OTG Adapter if you want to use with a smartphone.  

But it should be fun to check out specimens and gold with it. 

Here is the app that worked well with it.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vaultmicro.camerafi

2017_032016_3006_856.png

20170320_163408.png

20170320_163344.png

• Like 4

Dang SS, you made a pretty little nugget look kinda scrappy. But I can see where it could turn some of the itsy bitsy teeny weeny Z gold into a stupendous find. What is the magnification power?

• Like 1

Crikey, SS leave the poor bloody little things in the ground and let em grow................... just send me the GPS coords and I`ll water em proper.........

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, klunker said:

Dang SS, you made a pretty little nugget look kinda scrappy. But I can see where it could turn some of the itsy bitsy teeny weeny Z gold into a stupendous find. What is the magnification power?

It says 1000X. But those Chinese are not the most honest bunch.

I got a similar digital microscope. The problem I found is they have almost zero depth of field. You can get a good focus on a relatively flat object. But a rounded nugget you can only get a small portion in focus at any one time. There is software that lets you take multiple images like "slices" and combine them into a deep field image but I have not gotten that far. So far I find it easier to use a good digital camera for most stuff. Fun to play with though.