You Nugget Hunt Alone Or With A Friend

I find myself nugget hunting alone all the time. The trouble here in Texas it's next to nothing in the way of gold to be found. You find most people coin hunting and some relic hunting. If you said anything about nugget hunting I'm sure they wouldn't know what you're talking about.

I've got a nugget hunting trip plan and been talking with a friend in another state that did hunt but I don't believe will ever again.

So tell me if you going it alone and if not then how.

Chuck

• Like 3

Both, my wife have been together 45+ years coin, relic, nugget hunt most of the time. When she wants to take a break I will go alone and keep in contact either by 2-way radios or cell phone. Nugget or relic hunting I'm also carry a gun just in case of any trouble that may arise. No problem hunting alone as long as some type of communication is available when you need to summon help if needed. I know this wasn't asked, but if I had trouble and died for some health condition I figure I went doing what I enjoyed one of things the most.

• Like 5

Occasionally if I get visitors I may have someone with me but it's a very select few.

99% of the time it's by myself, I'd like to take people out and I used to enjoy that but as it's my income I can't really afford to.

• Like 2

I never detect alone and dont feel comfortable to be in the bush alone.

For me socializing hobby and 99% of time i go with another mate.We go in different directions but not too far.Have radios to communicate and i have couple mobiles phone with different provider just in case to have phone signal.

I could maybe contemplate to detect close to road and in surfaced  area with 2300.

i dont find it enjoyable to detect alone.

We detect, have lunch, call each other if any interesting signal and in general enjoy detecting.

Stay safe and its good idea to let someone where you are detecting if you heading alone.

GoldEN

• Like 4

As a 4 day on 4 day off shift worker who can i ask to come that fits those times?! No such thing as a constant sat sun weekend. It would be nice to share stories at night in camp...but for now pretty much always solo, satellite ph handy. 

• Like 3

Realistically, you're never alone out there even if you think you are.

Quickest way to prove that is when you're in the middle of nowhere all by yourself, drop your pants and take a crap. Guaranteed at least one prospector who also thought he was alone will walk in on you!

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Trent King said:

When prospecting I prefer to wander around alone and getting the feel for the area.  Although it is handy having another vehicle around if yours is a bit dodgy ?

Most people who wander around alone in the bush are NRL supporters ..... can't find a mate?

Don't worry - this real footy supporter would help you out .... under sufferance of course ...

Rain coming - get inside ...

Cheers

BB

• Like 1