You Nugget Hunt Alone Or With A Friend

I generally hunt with one or sometimes two other persons most trips, at base camp we leave two vehicles and a enclosed trailer sitting, so its good that we alternate checking on camp during the day as we range far and wide with a bike and quad during the day. We each hunt in different areas alone generally which still gives us that solitude,  but regroup for lunch and dinner to discuss finds, areas to hunt,etc. Most our hunting areas we will see maybe 2-6 people in a week total, but you never know who is roaming around the hills, so I think its best to have a hunting partner in the general area with radio and or cell communication.

• Like 1

MXT

When I'm alone I worry the whole time when I get back if I still got everything. It's like people years ago nobody lock their home and most didn't even know where the key was but that's not the case anymore. It's not just what they will take but the harm some will do to you.

Chuck

I am never alone...... 

My good friend Mr. Ruger is a good and close companion. He is very polite and never injects himself into a conversation unless he finds a reason to.

Why you would never even know he was around.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

MXT

When I'm alone I worry the whole time when I get back if I still got everything. It's like people years ago nobody lock their home and most didn't even know where the key was but that's not the case anymore. It's not just what they will take but the harm some will do to you.

Chuck

Good thought Chuck. Time spent alone while prospecting isn't an issue here, but concern about what might be happening back at camp is a big worry in the autumn. There is nobody around at that time of year, but there are plenty of bears snooping about for food. I never get back to camp... usually well after dark... without a sigh of relief that everything is the way I left it.

Jim.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Hi Chris, You seen that movie then? That goes back a few years. Pretty sick bloke aye. I think it was based on a true story.

You better watch out for Madtuna then....especially if he hasn't got his pants on :laugh: (just kidding Madtuna Steve:smile:) He is a good bloke. 

I am off out there & up into the hills for the weekend.(by myself:ph34r:)  Cheers.

Good luck out there guys

JW :smile:

JW, I have a buddy in Rockhampton Queensland. I want to visit and he 'forced' me to watch Wolf Creek lol. I'm not a fan of scary movies. Good luck in the hills. 

Anyone named 'Madtuna' can't be a bad guy lolIMG950262.thumb.jpg.fe064724aaf3849ae2087201b7bf1041.jpg

• Like 4