Africa And The Gold Monster 1000

Of course there are people who speak English in Africa and even countries where English is spoken widely, but in the part of Africa I visited (West Africa) there were very, very few people who spoke English and many in the rural parts where the mining takes place spoke only their tribal languages and very little French - the common language of West Africa.

20 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Steve

Maybe a date. Maybe a new video. Maybe a leak from Minelab. It could be I want something new to talk about.

I guess that's the word I'm looking for but didn't know I'd have to explain myself.

Chuck.

You don't Chuck. I thought maybe there was something I could help with if I knew what it was. I guess not.

Before I say another word I need to do this.                                                              Steve I need to  apologize to you for taking what you said the wrong way. Of all things I really don't know why I did. Here you just wanted to help me and I took it again I say the wrong way.

I'll try next time to put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion. Again I'm sorry. 

Chuck

• Like 1

Before SDC 2300 ever came on the market I had seen the ad about it in Lost Treasure. Well I jump on the band wagon and posted it on a forum. Nobody would believe me and I told then what mag. it was in but they still said i wasn't telling the truth.

Well today I got my May issue of Lost Treasure and I couldn't find a word on the Monster 1000. I have never seen Minelab so tight lip about a new detector as they have on this one.If this detector is as hot as Minelab is tight lip on it it's got to be a Monster.

I'm like a kid in a candy store in that I put my money on the counter and now give me my candy but in this case it's a detector.

Chuck

• Like 1

No worries Chuck. I get pretty excited over detectors myself. Just remember though it is a $799 single frequency detector. If it really was a magical mystery machine that sported secret technology you can bet it would be priced higher.

If it makes you feel any better I sure believed you about the SDC 2300 ad!

Oh I know for the money it just can't be so hot to melt a candy bar in my pocket but I got another toy coming.

Like Chris said in April we all should know.

:dry: That's me.

Chuck

They time ads to go together with the release of the product, but every once in a while the ads proceed the release like you saw for the SDC, but its not the intended result. Its happened in the ICMJ mining Journal in the past too. Part of the confusion in making arrangements with a magazine is cutoff dates for ads and magazines released way in front of their published dates like the May issue of LT coming out even before April 1st.

I bet you see a bunch of ads in magazines like the ICMJ and the GPAA magazine after the GM1000 has been released. I just got my March - April GPAA magazine, but no GM1000. The minelab ad for this issue of the GPAA is about the 19 inch coil for the GPZ. I have no idea what will be in the ICMJ for April as I dont normally see all the ads before publication.

The fact they have been displaying the GM1000 detector at shows, telling their dealers to take orders and put a couple videos and bunch of specification info on their website makes it a sure thing that the GM1000 is coming. Just a matter of waiting a bit for more info.

Chris

ICMJ is the only magazine I know of that comes out at the the first day of the month it's intended for. Just maybe the ICMJ may be the first magazine that has a word on the Gold Monster 1000. One thing about it we won't have to wait long because this Saturday is the first day of April.

I don't know how many on here get the ICMJ on here but if you into gold in any way you need get this magazine. You can get a copy each month just about any way you want. I like to get the mag. in the mail on paper because I do a lot of reading in my office.ha

Chuck

Well today I have to eat my words.

I never get the IMCJ magazine before the  first of the month but today I get it two days before. This has never happen before but here it is early.

Oh I looked from one end to the other and only thing I found was a ad by Rob's Detectors showing it  He was the only Minelab Dealer who said or shown anything on the Gold Monster 1000

I guess I'll just have to wait but it's weight that broke the wagon down.

Chuck.