How Low Will They Go ?

I just got my May issue of Lost Treasure and here is another detector put out by Tesoro called Mojave. It says the MSRP is 279.00 with what I think on all their detectors a life time warranty. Now for me that may not be a long time but for others it could be.

Every time I turn around you got a company lowering their price of a detector that's been on the market for a long time. Then it's others coming out with a new product we've never seen before.

You take any of the lower price detectors ( we won't say cheap ) and if it's a coin detector it finds coins. Here Minelab has another detector and it's a nugget hunter I'm sure it will find gold.

I know if I wanted to get in coin hunting I'd be more willing to spend 2 or 3 hundred than 7 hundred on up until I find if this is for me. I know for most this stands true for anyone wanting to get into nugget hunting.

Everyone on this forum has a opinion and I'd like to hear it.

You ever been fishing and the fish biting so fast you had to stand behind a tree to bait your hook ? You ask what does this have to do with detectors and I'll tell you NOTHING.haha

Chuck  

I think it's a matter of finances for most companies. As volume in sales drops, they have to lower the price to keep the bottom line looking good. This happens when companies don't bring new products to market or constantly release "rehashes" of old tech.

The great thing about this is that as newer companies advance technology, the dinosaur brands will have to keep up. Or they will die. Just dropping the price isn't going to be enough to keep things afloat - you gotta play ball and offer something the world hasn't seen before.

It's a good thing for everyone - the aging workhorse machines become cheaper for entry-level users, and the power users get new technology to play with.

• Like 7

Well said Tom.

So what do you see in the future for what White's may have to offer in the way of High Tech ? It hadn't been long you yourself wanted someone to test a detector and if can say what was that all about ?

You can correct me if I'm wrong but I'd say that White's are on the short end of the stick when it comes to nugget detectors. The TDI SL is a good detector for the money but like my SPP without all the bells that ding like the SL it too will find gold for the money it cost.

So many of us would be willing to spend the money on a American made detector if you can bring the level of detecting up some.

I think everybody and their brother can make a coin detector but as we see that don't hold true when it comes to a nugget detector.

There is still lots of gold to be found in my life time and yours plus many more life times. It has to do with rain and if your detector can detect deeper than the one before you. Don't hold back on the price of a nugget detector but give us that high tech edge we need in the field to find gold.

Oh for what it's worthy Tom I still love my MX Sport.

Chuck 

Tom

Now you gone and done it. I'll turn this net up side down to find out what you're talking about.

Don't give me this bull it's coming soon. Just tell me when it's here.

The Best to you Tom.

Chuck

PS You taking pre- orders ? ha

I think it's gonna take some do'in to top the V3i.... Yes it isn't perfect but It is close enough for me....... For now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, johnedoe said:

I think it's gonna take some do'in to top the V3i.... Yes it isn't perfect but It is close enough for me....... For now.

The big knock on the V3i is that it has a big learning curve. Some people just want to turn on the machine and find stuff. It's possible to have an extreme performing detector without requiring an engineering degree to know how to run it. Just my 2c.

FWIW I run a V3i when I am at the beach, all other times it's the MXS or machines that aren't on the market.

I would like to test some of those machines that aren't on the market yet.....:biggrin:

My wife has taken over my MXT..... lol

But that's OK cause she will let me use it once in a while if I'm really nice to her....:wub:

• Like 1

The only Whites machine I own is the TDI pro. Love it for beach detecting. I'm thinking I might get another  Whites some day just for jewelry hunting at parks. 

strick