Erlistoun Station - Laverton, Western Australia

Laverton area is drying up well. Still a lot of water about and ground is very soft in places but most areas are accessible.

Just a heads up though, two good wet seasons and the wild dog numbers as well as the dingo population have increased to a worrying degree.

The amount of rain has made the baits laid prior to the rain mostly ineffective. Baiting is on going how ever.

Dingos are largely curious but will generally not be a bother. The wild dogs though are another matter, so be mindful that they are out there. A prospector was mauled pretty severely near King of Creation towards the end of last season.

Tonight just on dusk I dispatched two large wild dogs, one was doing his best to keep my attention while his mate was creeping up behind me. They are cunning buggers and if you see one there is often another one you don't see. 

Cheers,

steve

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

G'day Steve. I know what you are saying, My wife had a similar situation with a pack of dingoes on the Canning stock route when they tried to keep her attention while the others tried to move behind her. She was lucky she had the sense to back up and head for camp. :unsure:

Cheers Dave :cool:

IMG_0019 (2).JPG

• Like 3