Do Many People Go After Copper Nuggets?

Many years ago I bought this 105 grammer on ebay and it came out of the United States.   I don`t know if this nugget is natural or tumbled and the glossy side has never dulled so I guess its got some kind of varnish on it.  I`ve also got a 16 ouncer somewhere in the house that is all jagged and rough with green bits all over it.
Does anybody detect for copper in the States, does copper only come out of mines, or can copper just be lying around on the ground?   cheers Dave
f0nqmp.jpg
1437ef.jpg

• Like 4

I've found copper nuggets in southern AZ while looking for gold and native silver. Las Guijas and Sieritta mountains area south of Tucson is a good place to find some.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, desertpilot said:

I've found copper nuggets in southern AZ while looking for gold and native silver. 

I didn`t even think about native silver.   Has anybody got any photos of non gold nuggets they have found?

52 minutes ago, phoenix said:

Has anybody got any photos of non gold nuggets they have found

I've found a lot of lead nuggets, but haven't taken any photos of them !

sorry

I'm pretty sure they were all man made

Cheers ozgold

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ozgold said:

I've found a lot of lead nuggets, but haven't taken any photos of them !

sorry

I'm pretty sure they were all man made

Cheers ozgold

LOL.  Yeh I`ve found a few as well.  Here is a photo of a lead nugget and a gold nugget I got at Kingower one day.  Unfortunately the lead nugget was the heavier of the two

txxi.jpg

• Like 3

I've detected small green copper nuggets in Indiana and friends have got baseball size ones in Wisconsin.

Copper Harbor in upper Michigan you can detect them I heard.

My prospecting buddy found a 9 ounce copper nugget dredging in Indiana last year.It is all jagged, not water worn.

-Tom

• Like 2