• Announcements

• Steve Herschbach

Archives Closed - New Forums   10/16/2017

The old archive system has been closed and the threads moved to new forums. See the full forum listing here. Detailed explanation here.
Steve Herschbach

JP On GPZ 19 Compared To GPZ 14 - With Video!

10 hours ago, DDancer said:

Firefox works ok with Telstra just gotta watch your usage as you know Telstra's always got a hand out, or in your pocket.  Open up a Yahoo mail account and download it from there next time your in town however I reckon you have good band width if you can see a video out bush madtuna :)

Another great contribution JP and Steve.  Got a bit of a kick in the last part of that vid watching JP dig like a honey badger and hearing the pitch of the detector shoot off like an angry humming bird. Hahh :)

Thanks mate,  sorry I thought FireFox was a service provider like Telstra or Optus.

Bandwidth is fine, just limited and expensive hence youtubes are out of the question.

Thanks for the video JP

congrats On a Good dig 

just don't know how those bits of gold are laying in the ground but the 19" coil heard it

Jp,

Thanks for the video, congrats on a nice nugget. I had a few questions...

1. Were you able see see what the signal sounded like on Extra deep?

2. Also if you switched to general normal how did the signal sound?

3. On the Minelab 19" coil ad it states you recovered a 15 ounce nugget, were you able to get this on video, showing what it sounded like with the 19"?

Thanks for your help, videos, and expertise !!!!

Dave.

19.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, inthemountains said:

Be careful in thinking one setting is the only setting.

That can't be said too many times. The settings that JP uses for large gold in his deep red Australia soil simply do not translate to the light gray soil of northern Nevada (for example). The ground is different, the gold itself is different - the settings will be different.

Nice gold you are getting, I like it!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That can't be said too many times. The settings that JP uses for large gold in his deep red Australia soil simply do not translate to the light gray soil of northern Nevada (for example). The ground is different, the gold itself is different - the settings will be different.

Nice gold you are getting, I like it!

In brief words MR Steve you learn me what is gold prospecting! realy i mean that..when u said (The settings that JP uses for large gold in his deep red Australia soil simply do not translate to the light gray soil of northern Nevada (for example). The ground is different, the gold itself is different - the settings will be different.) me and my people we spent years and years with zero yield  simply bcz  we use the others sittings regardless of their soil and gold.. our soil is similar to northern Nevada but not light its dense.. need help..

much thanks to u Steve..

Hello lufti,

It is nice to pick up tips on the Internet to try with detectors, but personally I always develop my own settings. I do that through experimentation over time. At first a person can use test targets if they wish. I usually just use the recommended default settings at first and go detecting. When I find things, I take the time before digging them up to experiment with different settings, trying to find ones that keep the ground as quiet as possible while making the target as loud as possible. My settings tend to be conservative while I learn the detector but get more aggressive as I learn the machine and get my ear tuned to the sounds it makes.

Detectors generally are not that complicated, yet most people seem to spend little time trying to learn them. I spend countless hours simply testing my machines, with the only goal being to learn more about them. My advice to anyone is to do the same.

• Like 8

JP I`ve just finished watching it again and thanks very much for that clip.  So far I have hardly been setting the world on fire with the 19" but you have pretty clearly demonstrated there is a place for this coil. cheers Dave

• Like 1

I like the 19 so much I think it will be my 1st coil of choice unless grass etc stop it being able to be swung. It is not far behind the 14 in sensitivity to the small bits and punches deeper where their is depth, plus handles the mineralisation better. As I will be detecting with Paul we should be able to get a good idea of the diff in the coils, I just have to talk him into using the 14 or vice versa and from an inkling I have, tie his ankles together but I`ll just replicate the hobbles I use...............

• Like 5

This interests me as I've just resigned myself to getting a 7000 with 19" coil and putting the old 5000 into my backup arsenal and for when I have friends out... within a month I should be out there with the 19"er on the fields of Gold Basin and this info will be key to my success, thanks JP.

Jen

• Like 3