JP On GPZ 19 Compared To GPZ 14 - With Video!

Hello lufti,

It is nice to pick up tips on the Internet to try with detectors, but personally I always develop my own settings. I do that through experimentation over time. At first a person can use test targets if they wish. I usually just use the recommended default settings at first and go detecting. When I find things, I take the time before digging them up to experiment with different settings, trying to find ones that keep the ground as quiet as possible while making the target as loud as possible. My settings tend to be conservative while I learn the detector but get more aggressive as I learn the machine and get my ear tuned to the sounds it makes.

Detectors generally are not that complicated, yet most people seem to spend little time trying to learn them. I spend countless hours simply testing my machines, with the only goal being to learn more about them. My advice to anyone is to do the same.

• Like 7

JP I`ve just finished watching it again and thanks very much for that clip.  So far I have hardly been setting the world on fire with the 19" but you have pretty clearly demonstrated there is a place for this coil. cheers Dave

• Like 1

I like the 19 so much I think it will be my 1st coil of choice unless grass etc stop it being able to be swung. It is not far behind the 14 in sensitivity to the small bits and punches deeper where their is depth, plus handles the mineralisation better. As I will be detecting with Paul we should be able to get a good idea of the diff in the coils, I just have to talk him into using the 14 or vice versa and from an inkling I have, tie his ankles together but I`ll just replicate the hobbles I use...............

• Like 5