GPZ 19" Coil Falsing

Lunk,

Did you put it on the skid or directly on the coil?

Mitchel

I feel because high yeild is the most sensitive setting it made the most falsing with the 19 same with 14 HY and high sensitivity and my 14 falses.  Slowing your swing speed and good coil control with the 19 on really reduces the falsing.  I ran in General/Normal with sensitivity at about 10 and alot of the noises were gone.

I don't have a lot of falsing with the 19". What I do have is this killer muscle cramp in my lower back on left side. Goes all the way down to my leg. I call it the 19"cramp. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Lunk,

Did you put it on the skid or directly on the coil?

Mitchel

I used 3M picture hanging strips, so there is a small gap between the coil and skid which allows any dirt and other debris to slide off the skid rather than build up between the spokes - works great. 

IMG_0783.thumb.JPG.002ae7cc291aff53fa9b4d0d5435f406.JPG

• Like 3

The Nugget Finder skid plate is supposed to be here in the next two weeks.:biggrin:

Bill

16 hours ago, Lunk said:

I got tired of waiting for a skid plate to become available here in the states, so I just cut one out of a cheapo Walmart storage container and slapped it onto the coil. It's a little softer plastic than polycarbonate, but is thick enough to last forever. 

What the %&#@%! is the problem with manufacturers thinking skid plates are an afterthought? Like we do not want to protect our expensive investment? It is not just Minelab - the new Garrett ATX coils have no skid plates yet and in fact it took Garrett YEARS to produce a cover for the 8" mono.

It takes these guys forever to develop the new coils - why are the new scuff covers not developed and produced at the same time and available the day the coils are ready to purchase? Minelab at least ships new coils with covers, but then you can't get replacements for quite some time. They figure maybe we just won't use the stuff they sell so it won't wear out? Or is it they are afraid the coils will not sell well so nobody will want covers, and they do not want to sink the money into that until later?

Whatever. Little stuff like this is really starting to irritate me. Time for a new thread on that however.

• Like 6