Gold Map Location In North And East Sudan

Hello to u all..

Im  seeking help from u for how can locate gold areas by using satellite or google map in northern and east Sudan bcz its my country and from that areas.. and if u have any updated  special map  from Sudan or any way of special searching through websites or satellite..

thanks for all help..

Lutfi...

Hello Lufti,

I know we discussed this via PM but I did not want to see your post go unanswered.

If you Google "sudan gold geology" there is some good information.

This report Minerals potential and resources in Sudan features the map below as a general guide...

IMG_0866.PNG

From The Mineral Industry of Sudan 2013:

"Gold and Silver.—Artisanal miners accounted for most of Sudan’s gold production. In 2013, reported gold exports decreased to 24,813 kilograms (kg) from 46,133 kg in 2012. The reduction in exports could be attributable to the depletion of near-surface deposits, decreased gold prices, civil unrest, and pit collapses (Laessing, 2012; Bank of Sudan, 2014b, p. 12).

In 2012, artisanal miners in the Jebel Amir District in North Darfur State produced about 14,000 kg of gold. In January and February 2013, hostilities between tribal warlords over control of the mines resulted in more than 400 deaths. Mining operations were partially suspended in early May by a pit collapse resulting from heavy rains that killed at least 60 miners (Bariyo, 2013, Ismail and Kumar, 2013, p. 3)."

Click map for larger image. Notice how the gold locations on the map above roughly match the reddish areas on the geologic map below.

• Like 2

Hello Mr Steve...( The Man with the Big Heart)

Yeah and much thanks to u for ur kindness and careness. my problem i dont know how to analyze the map to use it with my garmin navigator .. i need map to use it with GPS device so not wasting time..

much thanks

Lutfi..

Lutfi;

read a primer on longitude and latitude...the map is in degrees and has a scale...you should be able to compute a reasonable degree of accuracy with that information and a scale...then you can enter those coordinates into your gps....good luck!

fred

On 4/13/2017 at 7:06 PM, fredmason said:

Lutfi;

read a primer on longitude and latitude...the map is in degrees and has a scale...you should be able to compute a reasonable degree of accuracy with that information and a scale...then you can enter those coordinates into your gps....good luck!

fred

Hello Mr Fred...

Thanks lot to u Mr Fred for ur responds and kindness  and  sorry not to be on line from that time..that what is the help exactly i m  looking for and actually i know nothing about that degrees and its scale and if its possible to give an example on my map (red sea) this would  help me a lot  and sure will read on longitude and latitude.. Helping others will send u back more goodness..

Lutfi...

how to scale longitude and latitude maps

Lutfi;

Your response indicates a need for some basic information. The response required is beyond my abilities to type. Nonetheless, there is hope. Just do a search for the above phrase (or click on the link) and you can choose all the tutorials you desire...and learn much more than I could teach.

aside from that, I think it is better to gain knowledge than be given the easy answer...

fred

On 4/16/2017 at 7:20 PM, fredmason said:

how to scale longitude and latitude maps

Lutfi;

Your response indicates a need for some basic information. The response required is beyond my abilities to type. Nonetheless, there is hope. Just do a search for the above phrase (or click on the link) and you can choose all the tutorials you desire...and learn much more than I could teach.

aside from that, I think it is better to gain knowledge than be given the easy answer...

fred

Hello Mr Fred...

You are right in all u said and you and Mr Steve gave me hope through giving knowledge and advice's..and through searching web i came across this link ( www.latlog.net) witch can give me instant reply of  GPS Coordinates through click and move mouse cursor on location i need ...thanks to u a lot..

Lutfi... 

• Like 1