Gold Monster 1000 Not To Be In April

Guest Jennifer
7 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Chris G. on the Outback Forum said he got a email from Minelab and they told him that the US won't see GM 1000 maybe the end of May if not June.

This no Joke and I don't know how many ways you can spell crap but this is crap. I don't think Chris would be saying if this wasn't true.

To Minelab

A lot of us have put their money down for a while and I'd like to hear the why.

Chuck

You'd rather they release a less than perfect product earlier? 

I'll wait for perfection any day. 

Jen

"Turning beginners into experts"..... That's a pretty tall claim and a bit of a stretch don't ya think?...  

I got a bridge for sale..................... :biggrin:

Small engineering teams, low capitalization, tough problems dealing with a near infinity of soil and target permutations.  It's tough for any detector manufacturer.

mine detecting is easy by comparison. Looking for a fairly standardized target - the tiny firing pin - the only metallic part in modern mines.  And if you don't get it right - there's noone to complain!

• Like 1

Wouldn't a company usually have the finished product before rolling out with introduction videos, a deadline (sometime in April), and telling all the dealers around the country that the can start collecting money from their customers? I've always assumed that doing pre-orders and early announcements has more to do with hype and advertising than actually needing a few more months to "perfect" a product. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jennifer said:

You'd rather they release a less than perfect product earlier? 

I'll wait for perfection any day. 

Jen

How long has it been in Africa then ? Im confused :blink: so what your saying is it was alright for them and its going to alright for the Aussies but not good enough yet for the US ? Mike C...:ph34r:

Hi Mike,

I did some Googling and I don't see that the GM1000 has been on sale in Africa or anywhere else. The videos and stuff are just staged marketing footage. I am sure Minelab will make an official public announcement soon enough so everybody might want to take a chill pill until then.

Edit: And they just did! Available after May 8th