XP Deus Elliptical 9.5"x5" High Frequency Coil For Gold Prospecting

I've finally broke down on a rainy day and loaded up V4.0.

With less than a dozen hours on it in heavily contaminated soil at my proving grounds I can confirm it hits smaller non-ferrous, and hits it better than V3.2 did using the same settings I almost always use.

It seems to have gained slightly more depth in full-bar soil, maybe 1/2 - 3/4 inches... so that's good.

Seem to be some qwerks with the new disc range that takes some getting used to. Zero discrimination in 3.2 does not translate equal to 4.0 zero discrimination...from what I've been hearing. Have yet to pin it down exactly, still playing.

And the tracking is better...so it seems.

It tend to think it's an improvement overall.:smile:

Apparently changing the lowest disc setting possible from 0 to -6.4 has changed things.

Guess its time for me to load up V4.0 on my DEUS that has been waiting so patiently for it. I bought the unit with 11" coil a year ago purely to get in on the V4 thing and really have not used it. I did not want to get 3.2 into my head so this way I have nothing to unlearn. For all intents and purposes 4.0 will be the first version that I really try to learn well.

I was hoping for the lowest freq to be 18 rather than 14 due to 18's proven advantage in target separation. While I am excited about the new coils' abilities in the gold fields I was even more excited about my favorite relic machine getting a small elliptical coil to enhance it's excellent separation abilities.

I say screw waiting around and reading reports on this coil. I plan on being an early adopter. LOL

• Like 3

My plan in getting the 11" round was to have a deeper seeking coil running 4, 8 ,12, and 18 kHz and then the smaller elliptical for hotter performance and even better separation running at 14, 30, and 80 kHz. I am personally happier with 14 khz than 18 khz myself because I want the spread from lowest to highest to be as much as possible.

Frankly by waiting for the elliptical a person has plenty of time to evaluate how the HF 9" round is doing before pulling the trigger. I won't be waiting around though. I like everything I am seeing so I will be grabbing the HF elliptical as soon as is practical.

I will be loaded up with detectors but I figure it will all sort out by 2018 and a bunch will hit the chopping block. Darwin's survival of the fittest detectors!

• Like 2

I lost it in my bag, lol, but I wanted to take a picture of a half-clasp broken from a gold chain that I dug from 2 inches the other day.

Very tiny 1mm wire 4mm in length- a target that impressed me how good it sounded off.

I also found the tip of a ballpoint pen just below the thatch in the grass. That's my first wild micro with the Deus.

Time to break out the gold stud earrings for tests.

Edit: I found the item I mentioned and another small very thin non-ferrous found by Deus 4.0

2qx46mq.jpg

• Like 2

DANG! The XP Deus has been temping me with it's ability to seperate good items in TRASHY location better than about ANY machine out there! It was seeming like it was probably the BEST machine for me to get to find quality stuff in my HUNTED OUT, TRASHY locations. 

If the SAME DETECTOR is now possibly ALSO one of the better VLF gold detectors available, my goodness, might be time to sell a kidney! ??

2 pounds and standard wireless is sweet too! 

I'm not really in the market for a new machine, but DANG I want a DEUS! ?

• 2 weeks later...