Steve Herschbach

The New Garrett Is Finally Coming!

40 posts in this topic

Nothing but this video tease until May 6th however. The manufacturers are actually trying to make us all crazier than we already are.

Steve to wife "they are driving me crazy!"  My wife "that's a short drive honey!"

Looks like an AT variant, in line with rumors and early announcement....

"One of the products sure to create attention will be a new All-Terrain (AT) product that is slated for a spring 2017 release. Just like the current AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, and Pro-Pointer AT, this new machine will maintain its waterproof integrity while adding exciting new features, including built-in Garrett Z-Link Wireless Technology for headphones. More specific details on this detector and other wireless accessories will be made available in early 2017."

new-garrett-metal-detector-2017.jpg

3 people like this

I don't know about these detector manufacturers, I mean Really?? So suspenseful..is this a trailer to a movie or a detector? I don't know about you guys/gals but all I want is a freakin detector that discriminates deeper. It's a tool, not a movie.....it's high time that manufacturers realize most of us don't need teasers.....just the FACTS. Sorry about the rant.....been in the SKUNK to long......:angry:

5 people like this

Here we go again with another tease. First Minelab and now Garrett with a every little show but here we are hanging on like our life depended on it.

Will someone pass the chap stick.I needed it bad when Minelab says maybe May or June before we see the GM 1000. We had a name for girls in school that done the same Garrett just did.

Who knows Garrett may be out before we ever see GM1000.

Here my Birthday is in May and that's depressing enough but I'm having to wait on two detectors too. I'm willing to bypass the age factor.

Chuck 

Funny comment by your wife Steve…

4 people like this

Oh my. I'm so glad I am on pain meds for the next month. It keeps me smiling and with a sh_t eating grin. I love watching everyone get antsy. I will be buying an other machine too but don't really care yet what one I get. I have five in the corner and can't even swing one. Yet I buy more! No worries. I'll keep collecting gold locators in hopes of collecting gold.🙃🍻

3 people like this

Don't know where that guy is headed, but I doubt it's a verdant muni park or even a rock strewn Civil War battlefield.

Did the guy fall in that hole at 0:11 secs? 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Don't know where that guy is headed, but I doubt it's a verdant muni park or even a rock strewn Civil War battlefield.

Yeah, the setting made me think more gold detector.

The obvious given what Garrett has stated is an AT variant with built in wireless headphone capability. After that it is a guessing game. Lots of people asking for a backlight in the meter, but like the wireless that really adds nothing to the tech inside.

A switchable dual frequency AT would be killer. Right now you have to choose between the AT Gold and AT Pro. What if you could get both in one housing, but with maybe a bigger frequency spread?

Or maybe a true multifrequency unit? Competition for the CTX?

We will see. Either would really surprise me. U.S. manufacturers just seem prone to giving us what we already have so if this just turns out to be an AT Gold or AT Pro (probably both) with wireless and backlight added it would make plenty of people happy. A shuffled display to have a larger target id number like on the Ace 400 would make sense. But I hope Garrett surprises me with something more.

garrett-ace-400-vs-at-pro-display.jpg

No doubt we are like crazy chooks waiting for a feed...............Monster`ll get ya...........

Would love it if this new machine is multi frequency!!!!  I have 4 beach machines now, but can always use another:biggrin:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Do you use a Fisher metal detector and want a chance to win a new Fisher metal detector? We give away a free metal detector every month! All you have to do for a chance to win one is be featured in our Find of the Day contest.  Here's how it works.

Send Fisher a direct message at our Facebook page www.facebook.com/FisherResearchLabs. with the following information:

1. Picture of the find, preferably with your detector in it too. The better the picture the better chance it will be selected and featured as a Find of the Day.

2. Tells us what it is. We have to know what your find is in order to feature it. (The more information you can provide the better. Country of origin, time era, what it’s made of gold, silver, brass, etc. Any information you have will help)

3. Tell us what detector you were using (Sorry, but it must be a Fisher model)

4. Tell us what country it was found in.

Featured Find of the Day posts are not selected by how impressive the find is, as we believe all finds are impressive in their own way. This way a handful of clad coins can be selected one day and a Roman brooch or a Civil War belt plate could be selected the next day.

If your find is posted on our Facebook page you are automatically entered in a random at the end of the month and one lucky winner will win a brand new metal detector! 

Good luck!

Steve Herschbach with 4.95 ounce gold nugget found with Fisher Gold Bug 2 (14" coil) at Ganes Creek, Alaska
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Just a reminder. Minelab offers a 15% discount on any Minelab metal detector from the MAP (minimum advertised price) to active or honorably discharged members of the military. Proof of past or active service is required and must be verified by providing a copy of a DD 214 or Military ID to qualify. The discount applies only to a metal detector purchase - parts and accessories do not qualify.
      With discount the $799 Gold Monster 1000 is only $679.15. The Minelab GPZ 7000, normally $7999, ends up being $6799.15, a savings of $1199.85
    • By Steve Herschbach
      For those that do not know vanursepaul is in Australia for a nearly three month long adventure, with gold prospecting at the top of the list. Imagine his distress when he arrived in Australia and the control box portion of his new Minelab GPZ 7000 was missing from his luggage!!! This on top of just having his previous GPZ 7000 stolen over the winter.
      The solution to this serious problem is buried deep in another thread but I thought it should not go missed by people not following that thead, so here is a copy of Paul's post today at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/3724-nurse-paul-in-oz/?page=6#comment-41276....

• By Rick Kempf
      Steve has been in the forefront of calling for lightweight PI detectors with decent depth and perhaps even - up to now mostly unavailable - discrimination.
      Maybe there is one more "pulse" in that direction now.  First Texas has hired Alexandre Tatar - a French Physicist and electronics designer.  Alexandre is an avid detectorist of long standing who has began years ago to study and develop PI detectors.  He brought one such platform to prototype stage, but after having earlier failed to make a commercial launch of an original design, he has apparently been head-hunted by First Texas.
      here's a google translate version of a document he posted a while back on the "Manta" website.
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4kCFdZrzI4kdXU1aTQzdjBqNUk
      who knowa if this can go beyond slimming down and improving exsisting platforms - time will tell.
      Here's what Carl Moreland of FT posted about it on another website
      "Yes, we've hired Alexandre. Yes, we are working on PI. I was personally working on PI before hiring Alexandre, but now we are seriouslyworking on PI.  Sorry, cain't say much more about that, and cain't offer up any ETA's, mostly cause I don't know myself."

• By Rick Kempf
      This guy spent 10 years or so studying and modifying PI detectors - mostly Eric Foster machines.  A couple of years ago I came across some posts on the Geotech forum about a new PI detector called the Manta, developed by this Alexandre - who is a physicist and electronics developer (with a good day job!).  I sort of filed the info away as the project seemed likely not to be developed into a marketable machine.
      Fast forward to the end of last week.  I had called someone at First Texas to ask a few questions about the AmeriTek program. The conversation got around to when FT would deliver on their much rumored new technology. Of course, I got nothing concrete - I didn't expect that.
      Imagine my surprise when - as he started talking about the strength of their engineering team - he mentioned that they had recently hired Alexandre Tartar!  Wow.
      That tells me a lot.  We have all wondered when FT would bring out PI detectors, maybe that day just got closer?
      Here's a link to his linkdin page - where it says "Physician" - I think he means "Physicist" - the French word is "Physicien".
      https://www.linkedin.com/in/tartar-alexandre-b7131b99/
    • By Steve Herschbach
      A few manufacturers have online warranty registration pages:
      Fisher Labs
      Garrett Metal Detectors
      Minelab
      Teknetics
      White's Electronics