Roughwater    224

I just got the email from Kellyco about this machine this AM and was going to post it and did but at the wrong forum.  Tried to edit it all out but didn't know how.  I see it's posted already anyhow, again a day late and a dollar short, maybe with inflation I'm 5 dollars short.  Hope the machine is something you all can use but it seems like detectors are only allowed to move forward in incremental stages if we are lucky.   

Meh.... I'm 3rd season into the hobby and have already realized, when it's all boiled down, I've had much more success with my old second hand classic analog machines than with the hyped up bells and whistles machines I have purchased. I'm sure there are more than a few that will scramble for the latest and newest.

As for me, well.... I will just sit back and enjoy the drama LOL

• Like 3

whitebutler    226
3 hours ago, pinpointer999 said:

Meh.... I'm 3rd season into the hobby and have already realized, when it's all boiled down, I've had much more success with my old second hand classic analog machines than with the hyped up bells and whistles machines I have purchased. I'm sure there are more than a few that will scramble for the latest and newest.

As for me, well.... I will just sit back and enjoy the drama LOL

I used to be the same way! But then I made almost ten times the money in less than half the time after I got the Zed. 

Cheers

John

• Like 2

kiwijw    1,355
On 07/04/2017 at 1:42 PM, flakmagnet said:

Funny comment by your wife Steve…

I had to laugh at that comment too as it is exactly the kind of thing Mrs JW would say to me.

JW :)

landman    0

I heard the GTI 2500 will be retired on May 6th. 
I love the imaging feature and was hoping that Garrett
give us a more modern version.

Perhaps my hoping this May 6th was not in vain.

Steve Herschbach    7,507

Heard it officially from Garrett? Or just the rumor mill?

jasong    677

Ran across a new sneak peak while looking for something else, though not much different than the first one in this thread except maybe a closer view. I haven't followed this release at all, but here is the vid I saw FWIW.

• Like 1

An AT Pro / AT Gold box for sure....

IMG_0339.JPG

jasong    677

Is it supposed to be a VLF? Or do you suppose they could put a PI/ZVT type unit into that package? Not much room for batteries I guess...

Nobody will know what it is until they announce it. Garrett is quite secretive. However, most bets, including mine, are that it will be the AT Pro 2. The AT Pro is a hugely successful detector but due for an update to keep it fresh. Garrett has already announced the new machine will have built in wireless headphone capability. Add a few more tweaks like a larger display and maybe a backlight, and you have a "new" detector.