The New Garrett Is Finally Coming!

Microcontrollers are tiny. Why not an AT Gold plus an ATX in one package. :biggrin: VLF/PI at the flip of a switch for under $1500. 

With epic theatrical build ups like that, I hope it's something bigger/newer than an update to the AT Pro...something no one else has done before or something along those lines. It's clearly something that can be used for prospecting anyways which has got my attention a bit...

• Like 1

If it comes in the old atpro/gold housing it will be such a let down.

• Like 1

I've never been a fan of the AT housing either. Seems out dated and bulky with a poor display.  The Racer is one of my favorite pods.. It would be nice to have a waterproof version of that.  Now days with the micro technology I don't see why it can't be done. Just take a look at our phones we carry around in our pockets.  Amazing screens and computing power.  I understand there is a need for power and I don't mind that under my arm.  The light RNB battery for my Etrac is amazing.  They could probably cut the size of it in half and still get at least 20 hours hunt time with it or more.

Bryan

On 4/6/2017 at 7:00 PM, AuWanderer said:

I don't know about these detector manufacturers, I mean Really?? So suspenseful..is this a trailer to a movie or a detector? I don't know about you guys/gals but all I want is a freakin detector that discriminates deeper. It's a tool, not a movie.....it's high time that manufacturers realize most of us don't need teasers.....just the FACTS. Sorry about the rant.....been in the SKUNK to long......:angry:

Welcome to the new world order!!!!  You best get in line, or else.

I dunno, a "control box" is really an anachronistic relic in general when it comes down to it, they are completely unnecessary today. Not that I mind one, just saying...it could all be integrated into a control rod with some LiPo's if someone really wanted to, with just a fold out screen (Think digital cameras), making it ultra packable. Sorta the direction the Deus is going.

You can source full color LCD screens for $5 or so out of the Shenzen mega market these days, not a big expense.

Also, make everything that CAN be carbon fiber, carbon fiber. For flagship machines. They are already crazy overpriced, give the customer some value.

I mean, since the dude is skipping across boulders like hopscotch and jumping off cliffs and all while sporting a pack, I'm guessing packability might be something they would incorporate into a design. Coincidentally, this is something no gold detector manufacturers ever seem to concentrate on even though it's the segment where machines are most often packed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

What would you prefer to see in the way of a housing? Just curious.

Well lots of options out there. Anything that will easily display the vdi numbers and the rest of user options without a magnify glass. The tiny display is the one thing that's always turned me away from garrett AT machines.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kickindirt said:

Well lots of options out there. Anything that will easily display the vdi numbers and the rest of user options without a magnify glass. The tiny display is the one thing that's always turned me away from garrett AT machines.

I agree. The good news is it would be easy to use the same housing but have a larger display. My main beef on the current AT housing is the way the headphone and coil connectors are recessed to make it impossible to get a decent grip on them with just fingers.

Other than that the AT housing is still one of the lightest, most compact, yet fully featured waterproof detector designs on the market. And at a price far lower than most other waterproof detectors. Genuine bang for the buck detectors.

• Like 1

I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it.  Trying to screw on the coil nut on my AT Gold has me cussing every time the idiots that engineered it.  For the $ the AT series is one of the the best bang for the buck out there. The external speaker went out on my AT Gold soon after purchase. I never sent it back for repair because the headphones still worked but mostly because Lisa liked to use the machine without the headphones on the beach. The machine was so obnoxiously loud ( non adjustable AT Gold speaker)  it had people  people looking her way all the time. 

strick 

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I agree. The good news is it would be easy to use the same housing but have a larger display. My main beef on the current AT housing is the way the headphone and coil connectors are recessed to make it impossible to get a decent grip on them with just fingers.

Other than that the AT housing is still one of the lightest, most compact, yet fully featured waterproof detector designs on the market. And at a price far lower than most other waterproof detectors. Genuine bang for the buck detectors.

I'd be happy with the same housing if able to adjust display to see it better. I agree on the connections also. Volume control would be sweet too. I prob will buy one no matter what just to try. I preferred the atgold over the pro. Wonder which direction they will follow the most?