Minelab Official Gold Monster 1000 Availability Announcement

• The title was changed to Minelab Official Gold Monster 1000 Availability Announcement

Debbie Downer here...lol...

Looking at the photo, I don't like the design of forward mounted electronics. It just seems... exposed.

Looks light for a Minelab though!

Well, when I am forcing my way through dense scrub using a machine with a screen, I generally want to protect the screen, like relic hunting with my V3i, the back of the screen housing is all scrached up from sticks, twigs and grasses.

So in that situation my choice is do I protect the screen, or the battery and cable? I don't like the choice. :blush:

Just an observation and my reasoning for not liking it. It does look like it could protect the hand similar to a sword.

I see it is a VLF machine and operates at 45Khz.  Per their advertising it has auto or manual operation, comes with 2 coils, less issues with salty soil than 71Khz machines, waterproof coils and water resistant box, adjustable shaft with multiple configurations, priced about 1000 bucks and more.  Sounds like it could be a real contender to the present best VLF gold machines.  

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/tags/minelab gold monster/

17 hours ago, Roughwater said:

I see it is a VLF machine and operates at 45Khz.  Per their advertising it has auto or manual operation, comes with 2 coils, less issues with salty soil than 71Khz machines, waterproof coils and water resistant box, adjustable shaft with multiple configurations, priced about 1000 bucks and more.  Sounds like it could be a real contender to the present best VLF gold machines.  

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/tags/minelab gold monster/

Yep, you've nailed it. For someone with zero experience, and wanting to try prospecting for not too much money, the GM1000 ticks all the boxes.  

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday here I got my June issue of Lost Treasure and yet not at the end of April. I went from page to page but couldn't find a word about the Gold Monster 1000.

Minelab I've got to hand it to you not one word is getting out unless you want it to. I just hope you Minelab don't tell me it isn't a Gold Monster 1000. By saying late April Fools joke Chuck.. I couldn't say I didn't have it coming after the one I pulled.

Chuck