Minelab Official Gold Monster 1000 Availability Announcement

Tried it out at the Vegas gold show this weekend, feels great with the little round puck coil  but somewhat front nose heavy with the larger stock coil......for sure lite for a Minelab.  Rep assured everyone it would be out very soon,  I for sure want one. Kevin Hoagland has been field testing it for some time and is supposed to have a story/report out  in GPAA magizine in the near future (I was told by the GPAA staff at the show)

• Like 6

On 07/04/2017 at 10:47 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

*Initial availability may be limited in some regions due to the unexpected high demand. Please contact your local dealer for specific price and availability information. We will be doing our best to get detectors into the hands of our valued customers as soon as we possibly can.

Hey Minelab.  I believe you have a typo there.  I imagine it`s meant to say "expected high demand" .  cheers Dave

http://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-notices?article=309482

OK Chuck, I just got my May issue of ICMJ's Prospecting & Mining Journal, and there, on pages 16 and 17, is a full color two page ad for the GM1000. With absolutely no new information that you did not already know. Well, unless they have not mentioned it uses a 24-bit signal processor. I don't recall seeing that before.

But hey, it is a print ad!

IMG_0374.JPG

• Like 1

Steve

Thank You.

I guess a little of something is better than nothing. I could blow up the picture and hang it on the wall. What happen to the saying a picture is worth a thousand words but this one says nothing.

Oh well thanks again. I think the guys at Minelab have all put super glue on their lips.

Chuck

The 24 bit processor is mentioned in one of the mine lab videos. It is also mentioned by Kevin Hoagland in the video of last week's GPAA gold show broadcast, so zero new info in the ad which was not already known. However it's not too much longer and the folks who are not talking will be freed to speak.

• Like 2

The processor is also mentioned in the GM1000 brochure. 

So much for my memory then - just read it before and forgot. I wonder if in this age of microprocessor controlled metal detectors this means we will see one upmanship in marketing like with the old PC ads touting processor speed?

White's V3i "The heart of VX3 is a high-performance ARM-9 RISC microprocessor..."

Fisher Gold Bug Pro "Dual processors"

Minelab CTX 3030 "Faster processor"

I'm trying to figure out what the excitement with this machine is, I can't see anything new or better than what we already have? Am I missing something?