Steve Herschbach

Minelab Official Gold Monster 1000 Availability Announcement

39 posts in this topic

On 03/05/2017 at 0:38 PM, Mark Gillespie said:

Actually thinking about getting one and hitting some of the mountain streams here in southwestern Virginia.  

Being waterproof I wonder how the coils will behave under water, falsing & floatation issues?? Time will tell.

JW :smile:

If I have a 7000 and 2300 and a Gold Bug Pro ... which one will take a seat if I get a 1000?  The GB Pro sits most of the time already.

The GM1000 comes nowhere near replacing a GPZ 7000 or SDC 2300.

Well ... let me think about it this way ... what prospecting type of area would the 1000 be better at than the 7000 or 2300?

Cleaning up the tiniest crumbs the GPZ or SDC cannot detect, or the Gold Bug Pro for that matter.

I will use it over my gbpro and gp3000 for crumbs but I am also looking forward to being able to use it in light rain or when rain is possible.  Never liked trying to bag my detectors, but have often wanted to go out when it wasn't quite dry or wasn't likely to stay that way!

I also will be appreciating a volume control for the built in speaker.  That is something I miss on the gbpro.

I think it would be great for patch hunting, I could swing it ALL day , cover a lot of ground and still have a arm for tomorrow.

1 person likes this

I am going to use the 1000 to take a break from the GPZ 19" coil, poke around dense brush/rocky areas, detect in damp soil and detect after dinner on camping trips.

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kiwijw
      Hi guys, I went out for a few hours on the afternoon of the 2nd of July. That has been my last detecting outing due to my eldest son, wife & my 5 month old grandson coming on down to stay for a week. I then did something to my left knee at work & couldn't get out for a swing the following weekend. I could barely walk on the damn thing. Then my 2nd eldest son, his partner & my 6 year old grandson came for a week. School holidays. While I had this week off work while they were here I went to the doctor about my knee. Seems to be coming right now. I hope. Haven't had the Zed out since the new update. This weekend coming l will be out there trying it out.
      Ok....back to the GM 1000. Back to the same old bed rock exposed workings I have been hammering with the GM & just carrying on from where I had left of previously. Went over a few spots again that I had already been over with the GM 1000. Nothing more, so carried on along the old workings. Was struggling to get any target signals. They were very few & far between. But finally got a positive hit. Full max sensitivity at manual 10 & deep all metal mode. Low, slow & avoiding any ground or bush contact. Signal was behind that little thyme bush  in the center. 

A small bit of gold it was.

The next signal was just on dark so I didn't get a pic. That was my lot & had a bit of a walk back to my wagon. So just the two tiddlers for .12 of a gram.
      No catch & release though

Cheers
      Good luck out there
      JW
    • By SeaScene
      Just received my GM 1000:
      (As posted on another forum)
      First outing today for 2 hrs in a trashy garden. Picked up two 50 yr old Canadian coins (quarter and a penny) in deep all metal mode showing non ferrous.... ok so far. On the other hand this detector has a flimsy, cheap feel to it despite not expecting heavy duty at that price. The "lid" for the battery compartment I believe would embarrass even "made in China". However, time will tell. My previous detector was a Whites TDI... very tank like. Had I not had such a good offer ..would have kept it. My bro has a Fisher Gold Bug 2 and the GB pro. I am sensing a bit of regret I did not go the same way.
    • By D&P-OR
      Pros & cons on these two detectors? (one versus the other)----All opinions welcome!
    • By TRINITYAU
      Steve, a curious question for you.
      Two GM 1000 detectors both using Koss UR30 headphones. Headphones work on both units with no sound from external speaker on either unit.
      Same two units do the same while using the Minelab provided headphones. No sound from external speaker.
      Now, when Black Widow headphones are used:.  
          #1 Headphones work
          #2 Headphones work along with            external speaker at the same time.
                Black Widows set up differently somehow?
      Same additional jacks were used on all tests.  
      Technology on GM 1000 rejecting use of Black Widow headphones?
      Any clues?
      Thanks, Trinityau/RayMills
    • By Bryce
      Finally the GM has arrived up in the Yukon yesterday and I managed to get today off. Off to the claim I went. 
      Skunked. First found a .22 Short casing under moss, then a shard of bullet about 4" in gravel. Both sounded off loud with consistent right readings. Also found a 1972 Canadian dime on way home at a river crossing on edge of the river and panned one solid signal and found three colours. Oh and a 1 1/4" rusted steel nut. 
      I'm thinking I need a new pair of hiking boots. Pretty sure the "steel" toe boots I was wearing was screwing up the detector.  Scanned the toes and it banged hard non ferrous. 
      Steve, no graphite so far... And worthwhile visible gold. Ran it mainly in Auto plus and Iron reject with full volume on the external speaker. 
      But at least I got out of town and had fun. Better luck next time I hope :)

• By Reno Chris
      Well, the final, part three of my videos on the Gold Monster 1000 are complete and up loaded. In this one I am giving hints and tips on how to get the best performance out of the GM1000. I focus on the types of places that the GM1000 will perform best and some suggestions to prospectors on how to increase your chances to find gold. You can see its a funny opening still picture - I'm going to have to change that frame. It  makes me look like I'm doing some kind of Zieg Heil maneuver.  Actually, I am explaining how if you dont overlap swings, you may miss gold - I have no idea why this was selected by Youtube (done automatically), but I am sure you can change it. Doing these videos has been an educational experience and I will be doing more in the coming weeks.