Anyone Using External Speaker On Garrett Z-Lynk ?

Many Thanks, I`ve bitten the bullet and ordered an Axiom and a Receiver w/. 1/4" H/D sockets, just can`t help myself, can`t think why not.... tis our age, our turn to get what we want not what we need only. I have a treasure Mate V3 speaker that has an internal amplifier and rechargeable Lithium battery I suspect will mate with the Z-Link receiver

• Like 3

I can't see how the Z-lynk would power an external speaker, it's not amplified or its battery life would be much less, I suspect its much like the Quest Wirefree, it needs the signal amplified by something else.

Good on you Norvic getting an Axiom... hopefully you can get some fancy coils for it too 🙂

• Confused 1

Yeah, the Treasure mate is amplified as posted thus I imagine will work. Coils...  Steves posts  show  that Axiom DD is not the standard DD.

18 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Yeah, the Treasure mate is amplified as posted thus I imagine will work.

yep, I was meaning a normal 8 ohm speaker like people commonly use on the GPX, yours will work fine being amplified, it's like the JBL Wind I run on my GPX, because its amplified it works a treat on anything, if I try use one of the usual GPX external speakers it's a no go.