GPZ 19 Gold Basin Deep Target

Next one's yellow Mitchel!

• Like 1

Wow !!

That was a good story with great description. I hadn't read it before and was reading it out loud to a mate of mine, we both were getting very excited about what was about to unfold, keeping us on the edge of our seats, unfortunately it was only trash feel sad for you

Look on the bright side you now know nothing less than 18 inches is out of your range

As you said you changed from normal to difficult, did that make much difference to the target response ?

Bet your heart missed a few beats when digging.

You had great arsenal of pin pointers to choose from.

Cheers ozgold

I tried an array of 19 settings including JPs and I was still 'on target' so to say.  I posted the story because of the depth.  Many of our southwest fans have only shallow nuggets it seems when compared to your flat areas with layers of clay over them.

Did you check to make sure that the long shell wasn't crimped at the opening? I always open/empty every shell casing found detecting after learning how the old timers sometimes used spent cartridges to store gold.

Was was getting excited until you wrote trash.

Well yes we all been there and dig some massive holes. Pin pointer is worth gold itself.

Its good to hear you persist with 19 as many are not really happy with this coil.

I personally dont have 7000 but would love to see some nice deep nuggets.

Hopefully next time you come with happier ending.

Great detect to that depth.

GoldEN

Been there done that Mitchel, like everyone else. At least you know that 19 punches deep, hope your next one is a good size nugget. I've seen some guys pull some good size nuggets on the Gold Basin claims, using a 25" coil on the gpx

Dave

Thanks everyone who read, liked and commented on my deep target story.

I hope everyone noticed that I filled my hole!

The trip was not a loss so don't feel too 'sorry' for us.  I finally got a picture of our two nuggets (one under the flash) and a good depth of field shot of the 5 meteorites.  They total to 98g!

Mitchel

IMG_8846.JPG

• Like 6