Whites MXT All Pro Underway

The idea of another 14 kHz machine has been simmering on the backburner for quite some time. But which one to get, nose heavy At-pro, troubled MX Sport, all new Impact, depth challenged F75 DST, new white coiled Deus version umpteenth,... problems, problems,... the sheer agony of it all.

So I stumble upon this nice looking second hand MXT All Pro. It's got Eighties Design written all over it. LCD reminding me of my Hewlett Packard Scientific Calculator, Black metal box with the field manual printed on it. Nothing touchy screeny or I-tector to be had. 

Am I as my stepdaughter often says becoming "Vintage", longing for the days when switches clicked, knobs turned and machines didn't great you with a goodmorning message. Goodmorning,... you've got to be kidding. Haven't had my coffee yet!

So impressed with my TRX, tactile, functional, well thought out. My brain and mostly gut feeling pulled the trigger on the deal.

Here's to 30 year old tech, 25 year old whiskey and most importantly,... I'm really hoping this one is spot on,... most importantly high quality LP record sound quality.

• Like 4

I love my MXT... even though I seldom get to use it anymore.... The wife has pretty well taken it over...

So I just use my V3i..... love it too by the way.

Aw.... Now your just showing off..........:biggrin:

That's a beauty.... congrats.

Nothing like a "new" detector to get you out and about in shimmering light and the cold of evening with just a shirt on your back.

First impressions.

Don't drop it on your foot, you'll break a toe :-) This thing isn't your plastic weightless flimsy French Baguette. The heft of it just oozes confidence. And it doesn't fall on its side like a fainting girl.

Just love the way how it signals a target well beyond the coil, so you can home in and ID. Essentials are right where you want them.

Will report back when I've managed some decent hours on this precision instrument.

Still learning the machine,... but very eager to get to know each other.

They redid our roof 2 months ago, we moved so been working day in, day out.

So my new yard is full of small snippets of lead, copper nails, copper roofing nails, iron nails and the usual trash. What better place to learn a new machine and in the meantime get to know the precious owners.

After half a pouch full of trash decided on some cherry picking, turned up disc, dropped the sens in order to battle the small tin. And away we go. Half an hour later got a faint hit, but positive TID. Pulled out a coin dating 1938, from amongst the trash. 

Way to go MXT and 10x6" Eclipse coil!

Son pulls up with a shot tail-light bulb, so that ends my small hunt.

Anyway, who needs an I-Tector when you can hunt with an All Pro :-)

Cheers and Happy Easter!

• Like 2